Best Aftermarket Barrel for Glock 20...

PDA

Lone_Gunman
September 26, 2006, 10:19 PM
I am looking for something fully supported. I am beginning to reload for 10mm and want to be able to shoot lead bullets, and push towards maximum loads, and I am a little nervous with the standard Glock barrel.

So, do I want Bar-Sto, KKM, or other? Do you know if fitting is required for them?

Whats the best place to find them online?

If you enjoyed reading about "Best Aftermarket Barrel for Glock 20..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
GunNut
September 26, 2006, 10:57 PM
http://www.kkmprecision.com/g20.html

Probably get the KKM straight from KKM Precision.

Steve

Lone_Gunman
September 26, 2006, 11:05 PM
KKM says their barrel is not for self defense purposes. Whats the deal with that?

GunNut
September 26, 2006, 11:13 PM
I didn't see where it says that.

KKM chambers are very tight and may not be as reliable as the much looser Glock chamber.

If your carry load proved reliable in the KKM barrel, then you will have no problem. But, really I would want to use the factory barrel for self defense/CCW.

Steve

atblis
September 27, 2006, 01:54 AM
You can supposely weld up a factory barrel, and cut a new feed ramp etc. Personally I'd rather just buy a new barrel.

Dave T
September 27, 2006, 02:43 AM
When I owned a G20 (and reloaded for it) I had a BarSto barrel. I would do it again if I need an after market barrel.

Dave

PO2Hammer
September 27, 2006, 05:50 AM
Drop in - KKM.
Fitted - Barsto.

Lone_Gunman
September 27, 2006, 09:30 AM
I am under the impression that Bar-Sto barrels will just drop in most of the time. Is that not correct?

Where can Bar-Sto Barrels be purchased online? I looked at Midway, but they are a special order item that takes 90 days to get.

JimC
September 27, 2006, 10:08 AM
Bar-Sto offers two type of barrels. Semi-drop in and fitted (match target).
Buy direct from Bar-Sto @ http://www.barsto.com/. They run from $200 to $265 according to length. Fitting by them is extra also.
I had the 5.6" semi-drop in for my G20 when I had one and it shot very well. It was able to handle even the most max reloads that I could load safely.
There was also a slight increase in velocity over the OEM barrel.

Arc-Lite
September 27, 2006, 10:58 AM
KKM makes a stock length barrel as well as a 6" match barrel, ported and unported...look at the Glockmeister site, FireDragon also sells a G20 barrel with poted and unported model. KKM advertises, their barrel, is made for cast, and reloads....and has a 40 and 357 Sig as well as the 10mm for the G20's. Prices are the same, at KKM and Glockmeister.

Lone_Gunman
September 27, 2006, 12:08 PM
Are the KKM barrels fully supported?

madmattmd
September 27, 2006, 12:19 PM
I have a KKM .40 S&W conversion barrel in my G20. It dropped right in with no fiddling. Everything else (recoil spring, magazines, etc.) are stock G20. It works flawlessly. The barrel I have does have more case support than the stock G20 10mm barrel. I have well over a 1K rounds through mine and it looks like new.

I look forward to ordering a 10mm KKM barrel for G20 when I get into hand loading. I recommend KKM barrels to anyone looking to upgrade/change their Glock.

BTW, I have only heard good things about Bar-Sto. They aren't designed as a "drop in" fit but that's part of the reason they're more expensive and accurate (from what i've heard).

Take care,
Matt

Arc-Lite
September 27, 2006, 12:31 PM
...both the KKM and FireDragon are fully supported, and both are far more accurate then the shooter.

RooK
September 27, 2006, 01:08 PM
Haven't seen Stormlake mentioned yet. Quite a few of the GT users on the 10 Ring have them and are quite happy. This is even better since Stormlake is having an overrun sale. http://stormlakemachine.com/Inventory%20items.html

Stock or 6": $79

You can't beat that.

If you enjoyed reading about "Best Aftermarket Barrel for Glock 20..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!