Hi standard Marshall

PDA

clarence222
September 27, 2006, 01:28 AM
Anyone know the approximate value of a Hi Standard Marshall 22 revolver

If you enjoyed reading about "Hi standard Marshall" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
hexidismal
September 27, 2006, 02:27 AM
While I knew hi standard did used to make some 22 revolvers, I had never heard of the Hi standard Marshall model .. after doing some google searches , I still wasn't able to even find a reference to it's existence..hmm.. :confused: The only 22 revolvers I could even find mention of were the sentinel,the double nine , and the double nine "longhorn".

moewadle
September 27, 2006, 02:57 AM
of the Standard Catalog of Firearms, "A nine-shot single-action or double-action revolver for .22 short, long, long rifle. Blue finish. Aluminum frame, 5.5" barrel, fixed sights and square butt stag style plastic grips. Offered in a special promotional package with a holster, trigger lock, and spray can of G-96 gun scrubber. Price is for gun only. Add $40 premium if box, papers, accessories are present and in excellent condition. Excellent $165 VG 135 Good 115 Fair 80 Poor 70"

It is my impression that the Marshall, Posse, Natchez, Longhorn, models from High Standard were simply slight variants of the basic Double-Nine model and were done partly for promotional purposes. That is my impression. It does not say that in the book. ;)

Oh forgot to say it was made 1971-73

g56
September 27, 2006, 06:55 PM
The action parts for the western style revolvers are identical to the Sentinel double action revolver.

http://armattweb.com/hs/

kennedy
September 27, 2006, 08:57 PM
I bought mine from a hardware store brandnew back in 1973 paid$89, I have shot at least 5K rds thru it, its my favorite, learned to shoot a hand gun with it, last time I shot it, it was to dispach a wounded squirel hit by a car. At 50 ft, I once put 10 rds in a 1 inch group. never was able to do it again. Would like to own another then can fix them up in a two gun rig. Did not save the box or papers or holster.

Phil DeGraves
September 28, 2006, 03:24 PM
High Standard offered several variations on the "Double Nine" frame.
Standard Double Nine had an alloy frame and a 5 & 1/2" barrel.
Natchez was a 4" barrel and birdshead grip.
Longhorn had a 9&1/2" barrel.
High Sierra had a steel frame (the others were alloy) and a 7&1/2" barrel with a gold colored back strap and trigger guard.
Durango was a 4" version with standard grip.
Posse had a 3" barrel and a brass grip frame and trigger guard.
Hombre had a 4.5" barrel and a steel frame.
I think the Marshall was a standard Double-Nine configuration with a steel frame, but I'm not sure.
I think that they only produced the Natchez for one year and therefore was the one least produced but am not sure.

StrateShooter
September 4, 2009, 01:47 AM
There were 8 models of the HS Western-style, .22 revolvers, all 9-shot and DA/SA, and they were produced from '58-'84. The Marshall had a 5 1/2" barrel, fixed sights, blue finish, a square grip with stag style plastic, an aluminum frame, and hammer block safety, and ran from '71-'73. The cartridges were in LR, L, and S versions, like all the other models. There was a promotional package for it in '71 with a holster, trigger lock, and spray can. There was also a police style series of .22 revolvers HS made from '55-'80, the Sentinels, the Crusader, the Power Plus, a Kit Gun, and a Camp Gun.

If you enjoyed reading about "Hi standard Marshall" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!