300 weatherby barrel life

PDA

dougestyle
September 27, 2006, 11:44 PM
Hey all....great site. Just enjoyed the never-ending saga of the african safari/will he get the girl. Nice. Anyway, just wanted to get some opinions about how much longer (if any) the 300 weatherby barrel would last compared to the 300 RUM. I've always loved the ballistics of the weatherby and read how accurate it was. But the RUM is even more impressive (the 30-378 weatherby is too much for even my faster is better personality). If the weatherby won't really give me many more shots before barrel replacement, I would probably go with the RUM. I would like to do some long-range stuff up to maybe 1000 yds or so (just for enjoyment, not hunting). So for that, would a VXIII 20X be a good choice? Thanks in advance for any insight.

If you enjoyed reading about "300 weatherby barrel life" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
If you enjoyed reading about "300 weatherby barrel life" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!