Building another AR, DPMS or Olympic Arms?

PDA

Mercenary
September 28, 2006, 01:56 PM
I'm getting ready to build another AR15 using a Bushmaster 14.5 M4 barrel with a Phantom FS permently attach and I was wondering which brand of upper and lower receiver do the members here recomend using, DPMS or Olympic Arms?.

My last build I used a DPMS upper and lower and will probally use them again unless there's a better made lower and upper out there for the same price range. Thanks.

If you enjoyed reading about "Building another AR, DPMS or Olympic Arms?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
trueblue1776
September 28, 2006, 01:58 PM
Of those two bagain basement AR's I'll take the DPMS. Five years ago I saw an OLY blow up at a factory demo, I've been biased since then.

I've got a bushie M4 upper on a stag lower, nearly same price as the DPMS, and the finishes match.

Stag makes a nice clean lower usually costs about 90-110$

Mercenary
September 28, 2006, 05:47 PM
Would Rock River Arms lower and upper receivers be of better quality (close to Bushmaster or better) then the two brands listed above?. Thanks.

SigfanUSAF
September 28, 2006, 09:46 PM
From personal experience, I'd choose the RRA. Bushmaster is of equal quality in my book, but if you don't like play between recievers, RRA all the way:D

modifiedbrowning
September 28, 2006, 10:42 PM
I'd go Stag or RRA (both are made by CMT and Stag is their retail offering). My RRA upper is right up there with my Bushmaster.

lycanthrope
September 29, 2006, 12:11 AM
I'd go Stag or RRA (both are made by CMT and Stag is their retail offering). My RRA upper is right up there with my Bushmaster

Agreed.

If you enjoyed reading about "Building another AR, DPMS or Olympic Arms?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!