Response from my congressman on HR 1036, used HCI's website to do it

PDA

rebbryan
May 13, 2003, 10:31 PM
first the letter:

Dear Bryan:

Thank you for contacting me to express your support for HR 1036, the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act. It was good to hear from you.

As you may know, I am a cosponsor of HR 1036, which was introduced by Rep. Cliff Stearns on February 27, 2003. This bill would prohibit lawsuits against manufacturers, distributors, dealers, and importers of firearms for damages resulting from the illegal use of their products. This legislation is important because it would protect law-abiding organizations from being held responsible for the actions of criminals.

You may be pleased to know that the House passed HR 1036 on April 9, 2003 by a vote of 285-140. As a staunch supporter of the Second Amendment, I will continue to fight to protect the rights of law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms. I believe our focus should be to enforce existing laws that punish criminals instead of creating new ones that punish law-abiding citizens.

Thank you again for contacting me. Please feel free to contact me in the future on this or any other issue of importance to your or your family.

Sincerely,

Jim DeMint
Member of Congress

Anyways, if you go to HCI’s website there’s a place with gun issues to write your congressman and they already have a letter made up for you. I just took out all the OPPOSE words and phrases and put in the place SUPPORT. It’d be nice if there was a pro gun place that did something like this, maybe someone on THR could do it possibly? If you feel inclined then go do it. It feels quite good to use their own site against them :) And he gets my vote when elections come around again.

If you enjoyed reading about "Response from my congressman on HR 1036, used HCI's website to do it" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
KarlG
May 13, 2003, 10:56 PM
Clever and ironic. Good job. I need to write my elected officials more often.

mdsteele
May 13, 2003, 11:13 PM
Cool!

Bonker
May 14, 2003, 12:16 AM
That's awesome! And it makes it soooo easy! There's no excuse for not writing now!
I emailed this to all my family and friends :)

KelBench400
May 14, 2003, 12:06 PM
It’d be nice if there was a pro gun place that did something like this

Check out the GOA website. I send emails to my representatives all the time from there. You can even sign up for email updates. You don't have to be a GOA member either.

Kel

http://www.gunowners.org/activism.htm

rebbryan
May 15, 2003, 12:18 AM
thanks kel, i'll try and pass it around and give the anti gun senators some hell :evil:

If you enjoyed reading about "Response from my congressman on HR 1036, used HCI's website to do it" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!