Anyone Turkey hunt?

PDA

browningbps
September 28, 2006, 10:27 PM
I am an avid turkey hunter and I was wondering what other turkey hunters prefer to use as far as guns, calls, decoys and other accessories. I like to compare what I use to what other hunters use to see what i can improve upon or what I can help others with.

So, what do you use or like the best?

Here is what I use.

GUN
-Browning BPS 12g 3.5" MOBU with 24" barrel.
-Gobblin' Thunder .655" choke tube.
-HiViz TriViz turkey sights.

CALLS
-Rohm Brothers Purr-fect walnut box call.
-Doug Camp Carolina long box call.
-Neil Cost box call. Poplar/walnut.
-Primos "The Freak" frictionite call.
-John Purdue slate-over-glass call.
-Chad Nelson glass-over-glass Sopadillo slate call.
-Howard's Custom Canarywood slate-over-glass call.
-At least 15 diaphragm calls.

DECOYS
-2 Carry-Lite hens
-1 Carry-Lite jake
-2 Renzo hens
-2 Renzo jakes
-1 Renzo gobbler

If you enjoyed reading about "Anyone Turkey hunt?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
huntsman
September 29, 2006, 02:40 PM
wow we're really lo-tech compared to your stuff.
I use my BSS 12ga-2-3/4" my sons use their 870s
we have 1 box and 1 slate call Quaker boys?
2 hen deks

Our area hasn't been open all that long for hunting,in fact less than 20years ago we didn't have turkeys in our county.Now we lead the state in kills.The first couple seasons were a blast with turkeys coming in like crazy to any type calling no matter how bad it sounded, now they wised up abit so we have to work harder.This year I'm going to try the fall season.

Gordon
September 29, 2006, 03:45 PM
I use a BPS 10 ga. 30" with full choke tube, I shoot my own Alcan/Ballistic driver copper 2 1/4 oz.plated #3 :D loads. The large ranch I hunt on is INFESTED with turkey, so I drive a jeep to known areas until I see a flock,drive away 1/4 mile and creep back to the area I see them enter the brush. Then it is just a matter of creeping (with Ghillie suit) within 40 yards of where they are congregating and picking out the longest beard!:D I'll be doing that the 2nd week of November. I get to do it twice IN THE SPRING.

If you enjoyed reading about "Anyone Turkey hunt?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!