INFO ON GLOCK 17

PDA

johnny blaze
September 28, 2006, 11:34 PM
There is an auction tomorrow night. There are alot of firearms.
I have several picked out. One is a Glock 17.
I checked the Glock website and found some information as far as the specs.
I could not find anything on the warranty. I assume that a used one does not have a warranty.
How about the performance of this model? (quality, reliability, etc)
I have never owned a Glock and would appreciate any information.

If you enjoyed reading about "INFO ON GLOCK 17" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
psychophipps
September 28, 2006, 11:55 PM
Warranty is mighty fine. Just send it back to the plant in Georgia and they'll fix anything. They don't care if you're the original owner or not. I bought a 1st-gen G17 and thye hooked me up for the cost of shipping and even returned my check for the new pistol box I wanted.
The Glock 17 and other 9mm pistols are widely known to be their best products. Reliable, accurate, light, high capacity, and tough. You will not regret your decision as long as you don't mind the grip angle or the finger grooves.

Mine is a great pistol by any reckoning,
Mark(psycho)Phipps( HAHAHA! )

johnny blaze
September 29, 2006, 12:07 AM
PSYCHOPHIPPS
That sounds good on the warranty.
You mentioned the grip angle and finger grooves. i will check the fit of the gun before the auction.
Who knows, I may be another Glock owner.
Thanks for the information

BoomBoom25
September 29, 2006, 12:19 AM
1ST gen glocks dont have finger grooves. If you wont finger groves then youll have to buy a slip on of some kind.

psychophipps
September 29, 2006, 02:23 AM
Good call, BoomBoom25.

Be sure to check what generation the Glock 17 is. They all have the same increased (and clumsy for some) grip angle for faster follow-ups but the 3rd gen Glocks have accessory rails and checked finger grooves while the 2nd gen Glocks have a dimpled side pads and checked front and back straps without the grooves.

Also keep in mind that many people don't like the beveled triggers found on the new Glocks (for easier shooting while wearing gloves I'm assuming) but they're easy and cheap to replace with an old-style smooth-faced trigger from a whole slew of websites found by simply Googling "Glock". You can also find a whole slew of new trigger assemblies to modify the trigger pull if the stock 5.5 lbs trigger causes an issue with you.

One very nice thing about Glocks is, like a 1911, they're easy to modify to suit your needs,
Mark(psycho)Phipps( HAHAHA! )

jlh26oo
September 29, 2006, 02:41 AM
(for it)/Tom Cruise

Yeah dude, can't go wrong if it's at the right price. Don't have one myself, but have a 34 which is pretty much the same thing, and I love it. Finger gruves or not, if you like the feel, go for it. 17's a classic. You'll love it! We love it!

Katigroszek
September 29, 2006, 04:23 AM
Try and look at this site.

http://theprepared.com/content/view/90/40/

Unbelievable it still works, but I'm sorry for the gun anyway.Sims the glocks live longer than owners. I'm going to buy one soon. G17 IV gen (fingerrgooves, accesory rail, two pins for the breech block) going to switch trigger for a smooth one though. There is a company (in US) can't remember the name, but it offeres an aluminum alloy frames for glock pistols. If someone does not like plastics it seems to be a perfect solution!

Autolycus
September 29, 2006, 08:52 AM
I believe the Glocks only have a 1 year warranty. Though I have never heard of anyone getting turned down for repairs from Glock. I think you will be well served with the gun. What other guns did you select?

If you enjoyed reading about "INFO ON GLOCK 17" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!