handsfree pistol reloading belt??

PDA

tj shell
September 29, 2006, 02:59 AM
hey i noticed in the move, lara croft tomb raider, in the begining when she is fighting her simulation droid she has a belt with horizontal magazins. she can discharge the empty magazines in her weapon and slip the gun over the magazines on the belt and engage the slide again. all this done with no extra hands. she has a pistol in both hands at all times. this is not far fetched. i happen to know that all of the gear used in the movie, with the exception of the droid, are availabe somewhere. i would like to get this aparatus but i can not find it anywhere. can anyone help me?

If you enjoyed reading about "handsfree pistol reloading belt??" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Hanzo581
September 29, 2006, 03:02 AM
I would have never thought that apparatus was real, I thought it was just made for the character, would be neat if someone knew where to get one

tj shell
September 29, 2006, 12:09 PM
your telling me. i can tell you where to get every other piece of equipment they use in the movie. i just can not for the life of me where to find this one. they purposly use non fictional eqt. i think thats awsome.

wuchak
September 29, 2006, 12:16 PM
I think it's made for the movie to simulate what she has in the video game. See the reloading secion of: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akimbo_(gaming)

It seems to me that if there was something like this out there that worked we'd see competition shooters using it.

stephen m
September 29, 2006, 09:25 PM
You guys realise by reloading in this manner you will be sweeping your muzzle all over the place instead of keeping it down range. It is also much quicker to shover a small object into a larger object (that is at least at the edge of your vision) than placing a larger object over a smaller one that you can't see and isn't stabalized by your hands.
Enjoyed the movie, but wouldn't consider it a training video by any stretch of the imagination.

Hanzo581
September 29, 2006, 10:34 PM
^^^^

I for one just wanted one as a novelty, not to use during live fire. :rolleyes:

If you enjoyed reading about "handsfree pistol reloading belt??" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!