.22 Taurus Snubbies

PDA

ACP230
January 5, 2003, 12:20 AM
Today I saw two nine-shot Taurus .22 snubs. One was nickel or stainless, the other was blue. Both had adjustable sights. They were neat-looking little guns, but I've never shot one. Has anyone here had any experience with them? If so, how durable and accurate are they?

If you enjoyed reading about ".22 Taurus Snubbies" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
guy sajer
January 5, 2003, 12:30 AM
They make a very nice little "kit" gun . We sell them in our store . The customers seem well pleased . They make a nice little plinker as well as a solid defense gun for the recoil sensitive . Reliable and easy to operate .

Mitch

www.oldeenglishoutfitters.com

roscoe
January 5, 2003, 12:41 AM
I have the 8-shot .22 mag in stainless ultralight. It is pretty accurate and the only thing I have noticed is a little binding when closing the cylinder if hot, and only on hot southern Arizona summer days. It did this a couple of times when I first bought it, but never since. So, no real complaints.

10-Ring
January 5, 2003, 01:42 AM
I don't have a snubbie, but a Taurus 22lr revolver model 94 w/ a 4" barrel. Has been very reliable over the years and FUN to shoot!

seeker_two
January 6, 2003, 11:15 AM
My wife has a 94 that she just LOVES to shoot. And she's good enough w/ it to make any BG more than a little nervous...:what:

If you're planning to use it for SD (or backup to your SD), I wouldn't get a barrel any shorter than 3". The .22 loses a lot of velocity quickly, & it needs all the barrel it can get. 4-6" is even better, and the compact frame makes it smaller than a .38 snub. And they're a lot more reliable than the .22 mouse-autos.

From what I hear, Velocitors are having a good showing in SD shootings...

ajacobs
January 6, 2003, 12:45 PM
I also had problems with mine binding one of the few guns I have actually gotten rid of.

FunYet
January 6, 2003, 10:22 PM
I had a model 94, 4". The DA trigger pull was awful; long, crunchy and inconsistent. Never bonded with it. Sold it.

V-fib
January 7, 2003, 12:21 AM
Roscoe,

How much does your stainless Ultralite weigh? What is the frame, cylinder and barrel made of?

If you enjoyed reading about ".22 Taurus Snubbies" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!