Clear Duracoat?

PDA

ugaarguy
September 29, 2006, 01:16 PM
I saw on the lauer custom weaponry site that clear Duracoat is now available. They claim you can spray it right over a blued (or any finish for that matter) gun and have all the benefits of duracoat protection preserving your factory blue (or other finish). Has anyone used it? I really got my attention because I love the blued pistols I own. Unlike a lubricant that would just prevent rust the duracoat, if their claims are true, will also fends off holster wear and scratches. In theory I think it would work, kinda like a clearcoat over car paint. I like the idea of a permanent/semi-permanent protective overcoat. Anyone have experience with it or a similar product that provides long term wear resistance?

If you enjoyed reading about "Clear Duracoat?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
If you enjoyed reading about "Clear Duracoat?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!