experience with new Savage magazines?

PDA

Matthew T.
September 29, 2006, 02:22 PM
Has anyone had any experience with the new Savage magazines? They work sort of like a double stack pistol mag, with one centered round at the top of the magazine, instead of two staggered rounds being visible.

Any feeding problems?

Thanks
Matthew

If you enjoyed reading about "experience with new Savage magazines?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
the naked prophet
September 29, 2006, 02:24 PM
Yes, problems. From a full mag, the first one will feed. The second round will just sit there, not moving up. It's as if the spring is super-weak. Once you jiggle it until the second round gets up there, the round after that will feed just fine. Don't know why, it's not hanging up on anything, and I can push it down and up, it just feels like a tiny little weak spring pushing on it until that round is gone.

Matthew T.
September 29, 2006, 03:16 PM
That's too bad. I really miss the Savage Accu-Trigger, but hated the feeding problems my rifle had. It sounds like they still haven't cured that issue.

If you enjoyed reading about "experience with new Savage magazines?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!