schmidt rubin 1911 7.5x55

PDA

gunlover_06
September 30, 2006, 09:24 PM
:D picked this up a couple of months ago, all matching numbers, no import marks, bore is nice and shiny. blue is 90 to 95%.
now the bad thing. whoever owned this fine rifle before me cut the stock down.:banghead: :fire:
what i am thinking is i want to polish and jewel the reciever and bolt, what do you all think about this?

would it hurt value on it? since the stock has been cut already.
thanks for any info in advance.

Kenny.

If you enjoyed reading about "schmidt rubin 1911 7.5x55" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Jackal
September 30, 2006, 09:26 PM
Please, for the love of god, don't jewel the bolt. There are plenty of fine hunting rifles out there that have that feature. Just leave as is, or find another stock for it.

SigfanUSAF
September 30, 2006, 09:28 PM
I would say not to do it. A replacement stockis fairly common. A bolt, however, is neither as common a find or cost effective to replace. Of course, do what makes you happy, but unless you plan on dressing it up further than just a jeweled bolt, it may look out of place.

jd46561
September 30, 2006, 10:18 PM
Gunlover 06, would you want to sell that rifle or trade for it? If so?, send me an e-mail (jd46561@yahoo.com).

gunlover_06
October 1, 2006, 11:31 AM
thanks for the replies, had already decided not to polish or jewel the bolt.
was just thinking off the top of my CRAZY head. have looked for one of these for along time without the import mark so think it will stay the way it is, and try to find another stock for it.

any ideas where to find another one?
Kenny.

jd46561
October 1, 2006, 01:19 PM
Good luck, I have looked on the net at e-bay, Gunbrokers, etc. for 2 years And have yet to see a k11 long rifle stock for sale. I have saw the carbine stock for sale,but not the Swiss longrifle stocks. You might have to try Europe for one.

If you enjoyed reading about "schmidt rubin 1911 7.5x55" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!