Uncommon scope rings

PDA

islandphish
October 1, 2006, 12:17 AM
hey, i just upgraded scopes and i need to go from low rings to med rings in order to fit. :)

I'm using a redfield JR S-SPEC base , and with it are the rings that came with the rifle. They are standard dovetail/windage adjustable front/rear, except that the front ring has 4 screws, two on each side. In ten years I have never lost zero even under hard use so I would like to keep the exact same set-up.

Has anyone seen rings like these and do you know who makes them or how I can get them? If not does anyone have any suggestions for the best rings for that base for hunting?

Thanks all. BTW, the new scope is a Sightron SII 3-9x42mm, a huge step up from the tasco fixed 4x I've been using forever.

If you enjoyed reading about "Uncommon scope rings" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
jlmurphy
October 1, 2006, 01:35 AM
Try Brownell's online, they have the best selection of gunsmith supplies. Their website is a joke, try to get their catalogue, it has much more info.

If you enjoyed reading about "Uncommon scope rings" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!