Webley Mark VI revolver

PDA

Grayrock
October 1, 2006, 09:40 AM
I have a buddy who has enlisted my help to find a part for the above named revolver. He needs a new hammer. I checked Brownell's and Midway with no luck and searched THR. Anyone have an idea where he can get a new hammer? The spur broke off - he said the metal "crystallized". Any ideas?

If you enjoyed reading about "Webley Mark VI revolver" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
jondar
October 1, 2006, 04:19 PM
You might try Sarco (check Google Sarco gunparts) or Gunparts (check Google for Gunparts) or failing that list on GB forums Want Ads. I have found about 50% needed parts there.

mrmeval
October 2, 2006, 06:24 PM
The hammer on mine has had a new spur welded on, filed to shape and polished and it looks to have been reheat treated afterward.

Talk to a gunsmith specializing in wheel guns about it.

guysajer1942
October 3, 2006, 05:56 PM
I have a great selection of Webley MK III, IV & VI parts available including the hammer you need. I also have original unmodified MKVI .455 cylinders and barrels.
Email me at guysajer1942@yahoo.com or check out my Ebay auctions for some of me Webley parts under the name guysajer1942.
Jeff

Grayrock
October 3, 2006, 07:18 PM
guysajer1942- you are just what I was looking for. I shall forward your contact info to my friend with the Mark VI. Thanks.

eastwood44mag
October 3, 2006, 07:26 PM
FFR

e-gunparts.com is supposedly able to find anything.

If you enjoyed reading about "Webley Mark VI revolver" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!