m4 buttstock replacement question.

PDA

possum
October 2, 2006, 01:27 PM
Help, please i am trying to replace the buttstock on my m4 and I have the tool but i need to know which way i turn the nut to loosen it. i tried lefty loosy but it ain't working, is this thing possible reverse threaded? thanks!

If you enjoyed reading about "m4 buttstock replacement question." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
MikeH
October 2, 2006, 01:36 PM
IIRC, it's lefty-loosy when the muzzle is facing away from you.

possum
October 2, 2006, 01:37 PM
that's what i thought thanks! part that sucks is i just broke my tool that I had to take the nut off!:banghead:

Bartholomew Roberts
October 2, 2006, 05:36 PM
It may be staked or loctited on. It isn't uncommon for that part to loosen through the vibration of shooting and create problems, so often manufacturers will stake or loctite the telestock nut into place.

Have you tried applying heat and have you looked for any staking marks?

DogBonz
October 2, 2006, 05:44 PM
keep the flat oblong metal piece between the stock and the lower from turning. If that turns with the nut, you will damage the threads.

If you enjoyed reading about "m4 buttstock replacement question." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!