Sako Actions ???

PDA

client32
May 14, 2003, 01:34 PM
What is the difference between the different Sako actions? They list I, III, IV, and V. I thought I came across the differences on Sako's website a while back, but didn't care enough to read it. I can't seem to find the differences now.

Does anyone know?

If you enjoyed reading about "Sako Actions ???" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
JohnBT
May 14, 2003, 02:00 PM
If I was at home I'd look it up for you. One of my books as a picture and descriptions.

From the little I remember the I is the shortest action and the V is the longest.

Strictly from memory (this is a WAG)

I .17 to .223
III .22 to .308
IV .25-06 to .30-06
V .270 to .4something(.416?)

Somebody look them up. How'd I do?

John

client32
May 14, 2003, 02:48 PM
I guess that makes sense. You seem to be pretty close. Looking at http://www.berettausa.com/product/rifles/series_page.cfm?currentseries=4 , the only thing I see wrong is that the .270 is a IV not a V.

Now comes a second question, If the difference is length of action, why is the 300 WSM using a V? Isn't it supposed to be able to use a shorter action?

If you enjoyed reading about "Sako Actions ???" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!