Obviously this is America's fault...

PDA

Mike Irwin
May 14, 2003, 02:36 PM
18 Illegal Immigrants Found Dead in Texas (http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=578&ncid=578&e=1&u=/nm/20030514/ts_nm/crime_immigrants_dc)

We should be sued for failing to protect and provide for these people.

If you enjoyed reading about "Obviously this is America's fault..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Baba Louie
May 14, 2003, 03:00 PM
I think maybe the Truck and/or Trailer Mfg is the responsible one here. They should have Known that these trucks would be used to bring illegal immigrants across the border in the sweltering heat. (tongue-firmly-planted-in-cheek)

On the other hand, it still amazes me how anyone would be willing to risk their own life or any family member's life just to get into the United States of America.
How bad is it wherever they come from?

Too bad

Adios

Sactown
May 14, 2003, 03:05 PM
Being from Kali, it's actually the manufacturer of the tires fault. Without tires the truck couldn't have been used. We need to set establish a tax on truck tires to setup a victim compensation fund.

On the other hand, it still amazes me how anyone would be willing to risk their own life or any family member's life just to get into the United States of America. I think people will do whatever they can to provide for their families. Other govts need to clean up their corruption and increase the standard of living within their own countries.

mjydrafter
May 14, 2003, 05:59 PM
We need to set establish a tax on truck tires to setup a victim compensation fund.

You're on to something here, tires do have Federal Exsize Tax, just like factory built AR-15's. Tires are also black and scary looking. What about high capacity tire users like trucks, nobody needs 18 wheels. When trucks run over deer there is very little usable meat left, obviously not very sporting, the deer don't have a chance. So, obviously the tires are to blame... BAN 'EM!:banghead:

Ledbetter
May 14, 2003, 06:20 PM
"No honest man needs 18 wheels."

Sergeant Bob
May 14, 2003, 06:26 PM
"No honest man needs 18 wheels."

Up here in Michigan, "No honest man needs 42 wheels!"

Lots of Bambi pizza here!

bobs1066
May 14, 2003, 07:14 PM
Yes, you folks in Michigan have the most bizarre looking trucks of any state in the Union.

Dang things look like millipedes going down the road....

Standing Wolf
May 14, 2003, 07:22 PM
Other govts need to clean up their corruption and increase the standard of living within their own countries.

I concur, but I wouldn't bet a nickel on it happening. Very few governments perceive any need to improve anything for their subjects. In the case of Mexico, anyone with more than three pesos' worth of ambition has already gone north to the United States.

Skunkabilly
May 14, 2003, 07:36 PM
Maybe it was the Oreos they were fed?

Sergeant Bob
May 14, 2003, 07:48 PM
Dang things look like millipedes going down the road....

Actually, you're pretty close. We call them centipedes!

If you enjoyed reading about "Obviously this is America's fault..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!