who is in Eastern Idaho?

PDA

ID_shooting
October 3, 2006, 12:46 AM
Greetings!

Well, I go laid off from Hewlett-Packard after 6 years :cuss:

My job went to Costa Rica :banghead:

We decided to sell our house here and move to the family ranch outside of Ashton up by Warm River this spring.

Any shooters on here from Island Park/Ashton/St Anthony area?

If you enjoyed reading about "who is in Eastern Idaho?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Leanwolf
October 3, 2006, 02:04 AM
IDSHOOTER, good luck on your new location. You didn't happen to buy your land right there where all those gazillion snakes are located, did you? :uhoh:

Good moose hunting up your way, if you can draw a ticket.

L.W. (I'm in Boise, BTW.)

TallPine
October 3, 2006, 11:16 AM
just think of all the income taxes you won't have to pay now .... ;)

you better find some good jackrabbit recipes

ID_shooting
October 3, 2006, 11:44 AM
The family land is on hiway 47 right before you drop into the canyon. Some snakes, not too may. We are kinda in that same area where all the farm elk escaped last month.

I actually think it is a blessing. The severance and equity on our house is going to give us enough to build a nice house (with my own GUN ROOM) on the family land and a new 4x4 for the snow. My father is currently fighting cancer so we will be there to help him out. On top of that, my daughter starts school next year, and Ashton is much better than Boise schools, at least I think so. Since our house/land/car will all be paid for, I wont need much of a job and the place is big enough for a private shooting range.

Be hard giving up the convienences, 24hr food, high speed internet and such, but since I grew up in Idaho City, wont be that much of a change. I know I won't miss the crime, the Freemont County Sherrif does a real good job of keeping the riff raff down.

Biker
October 3, 2006, 03:29 PM
Hey ID, I'm down here in Pocatello, but when riding weather comes around, I get up that way from time to time. Might have to pop a brew and a cap with ya sometime.

Doesn't outsourcing suck?:cuss:

Biker

Sharps Shooter
October 3, 2006, 06:00 PM
Howdy ID,
We're a couple miles south of McCammon. We occasionally get up your way during elk season and of course when we visit the park.
Sorry to hear about your job with Hewlett-Packard. I grew up in the Boise Valley out near Homedale. It makes me sick what has happened to that place since the micro-chip manufacturers moved in there. I guess that's progress - about a million people flowed into the Boise area, the price of housing went through the roof, from what I hear the crime rates are soaring, and there never was enough water in that valley for that many people. Now you tell us that one of the major players in the boom is outsourcing to Costa Rica?! That figures.
My own job with FMC in Pocatello went to China a few years back. I was one of the luckier ones though. I was old enough to accept a buy-out package and went ahead and retired. I felt bad about the folks who were still trying to raise kids and make house payments.

ID_shooting
October 3, 2006, 09:57 PM
Thank you all, yes, all are welcome to drop by. One thing I would like to do host a THR shoot, lord knows we will have enough land to do it.

BTW, Any of you all ever been to an old fashioned barn raising?

Biker
October 3, 2006, 10:07 PM
Barn raising? Is that like, when ya sweat and stuff? Splinters and loud banging?

Sure have. You buying?

Biker:)

ID_shooting
October 3, 2006, 10:48 PM
"you buying?"

Thats the rule isn't it?

If you enjoyed reading about "who is in Eastern Idaho?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!