My new toy

PDA

selector67
October 3, 2006, 07:20 PM
Well, I finally got it, had to wait almost a month for it ( FFL got lost in the mail had to send another one.):cuss: What do you guys think, I paid $465 for it on GunBroker, did I get a good deal.;) I was going to get a folding stock for this but this stock is starting to grow on me.:D I know mini-14s are not the most accurate rifles but are these GB models a little more accurate than the regular ones.

If you enjoyed reading about "My new toy" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
dm1333
October 3, 2006, 10:00 PM
I like the stock too. How does it feel when you shoulder the rifle?

Rebeldon
October 3, 2006, 10:04 PM
Very nice!

I've always wondered...the Mini-14 GB has a bayonet lug, but it looks too far down the barrel so that half the blade is covered by the flash suppressor. Am I wrong?

selector67
October 3, 2006, 11:10 PM
The stock is comfortable, I'm broad shouldered, but its not a problem. As far as the bayonet , I'm just guessing now since I dont have a bayonet for this is that the handle of the bayonet is the length of barrel from the bayonet lug to the flash hider.

The Deer Hunter
October 3, 2006, 11:25 PM
Yes that definately qualifies as a "toy". Lol, whats with the 30 rd. AK style banna mag?

KUJO2388
October 3, 2006, 11:32 PM
Sounds like you got a good deal. I don't like the mini-14 much but it is still a nice gun. Is that an orignial Ruger magazine if so keep a hold of it. I have heard that the aftermarket mags arent that good. And ruger stoped making anything above 20 rounds. There has even been talk about them only producing 10 round ones. :uhoh:

Will Learn
October 4, 2006, 01:00 AM
That stock looks like it has the same kind of wood as those bowie knifes they sell on TV late at night.:D

possum
October 4, 2006, 10:00 AM
congrats on the rifle, wow that thing is ugly;) , but guns weren't made to be pretty! i love the mini's and i hope it works out great for you!:)

1 old 0311
October 4, 2006, 10:19 AM
Nice. I had one and it was great. Reliable and pretty accurate.

If you enjoyed reading about "My new toy" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!