First time NRAer

PDA

Gadsden
October 3, 2006, 06:38 PM
I just mailed a check to the NRA. I've waffled over joining for years, but I feel that now would be a good time. I'm afraid we're really going to take a hit over the events of the last two weeks. I've seen a lot of "what would you do if..." threads here lately. I'm just doing my little bit now so, hopefully, I won't have to do something else later. Think about it. I did.

If you enjoyed reading about "First time NRAer" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
hso
October 3, 2006, 07:34 PM
Good for you.

I have memberships in more than one organization, NRA, GOA, so that I've got multiple groups pushing for my goals.

FTF
October 3, 2006, 10:11 PM
4 million or so single issue voters are a dangerous force to those that want to destroy the Constitution.

Welcome aboard!

Juna
October 3, 2006, 10:14 PM
I plan on joining as an Xmas present from my wife. I'm also looking for other pro-gun orgs to join.

SASS#23149
October 3, 2006, 10:38 PM
And plan on donating all I can when they send me their donation lettes 'for the fight'.We won't keep our guns if we don't keep fighting for them.
In light of what has happened the last few weeks,the hill just got steeper.:(

Ala Dan
October 4, 2006, 01:05 AM
That have come a'board and joined the National Rifle Association:cool:
Its the strongest organization that is still fight'in for our rights~!:D

qlajlu
October 4, 2006, 01:29 AM
I plan on joining as an Xmas present from my wife. I'm also looking for other pro-gun orgs to join.
Consider joining the Second Amendment Foundation (SAF) (http://www.saf.org/) and/or Gun Owners of America (GOA) (http://www.gunowners.org/). Also consider having your wife join The Second Amendment Sisters (SAS) (http://www.2asisters.org/).

The more pro-gun organizations you belong to and the more you can contribute to their war chests, the better chance we have to keep our Second Amendment rights.

xd9fan
October 4, 2006, 01:55 AM
welcome...and thank you!!

FJC
October 4, 2006, 08:49 AM
Good move, thanks for the help! Life member here.

LeafsFan
October 4, 2006, 09:14 AM
I became an NRA member last month when I joined a rifle club here... I'm not eligible for citizenship in the States for another 3 years, but I figured I'd still get a head-start on defending the 2nd Amendment, eh? :D Even though I'm not protected by its rights at this point, as I'm only a permanent-resident alien and not an actual citizen.

So technically I think keeping and bearing arms is only a privilege for me, which the government can deny me if (they perceive that) I step out of line. :uhoh:

Scary thought, eh? :eek:

Nicolai
October 4, 2006, 09:23 AM
Welcome to all you new NRA members. I've always believed if you own guns (or even want to), then you need to be as active as you can in Second Amendment issues and that means joining the NRA and/or other pro-Second Amendment groups.
I'd encourage you new NRA members to see if you have a state rifle association--we're blessed here in Texas to have the Texas State Rifle Association with a strong pro-Second Amendment lobby (and Governor Rick Perry who's been 100% supportive of TSRA-supported legislation)--and join them. You might even want to join TSRA!

ddj8052
October 4, 2006, 10:46 AM
Thank you for joining, now comes the hard part and that is maintaining your membership. I talk to way to many shooters who join for a year and then let their memberships expire. For the record I am a Life member of the NRA and have just joined the California Rifle and Pistol Association. Too anyone who may read this and is not a member, Please seriously consider it. This is the number one and probably the easiest thing we can all do to maintain our rights.

DF357
October 4, 2006, 11:01 AM
http://www.dfandkf.com/lmhat.jpg

Abby
October 4, 2006, 11:15 AM
It's a good organization. However, may I suggest the additional purchase of a new garbage can? If the NRA re-invested the money they spend on mailings in their lobbying efforts, there'd be a M2 .50 cal in every American home. :rolleyes:

bg
October 4, 2006, 11:20 AM
Yep, welcome aboard and thanks for joining.

HCfan
October 4, 2006, 11:37 AM
Just finished up with my Life Membership.

Got the framable cert., the pin, and the stickers.

I did it mostly so I could vote and even, maybe, one day run for a board position.

You will hear many bash the NRA and yes, the NRA does need change to become more aggressive. You can't do that on the outside, as a non-member or by the year paying member, you have to do it from the inside and that's where I am now.

Congrats on joining, now become a life member so we can start changing it for the better.

antsi
October 4, 2006, 11:43 AM
Congrats. Good move.

Ben Shepherd
October 4, 2006, 11:44 AM
Life member NRA, GOA, CCRKBA here. Also contribute to JPFO and SAF a couple times per year. Chair a local Friends of the NRA committee as well.
Teach hunter education to 40-50 students per month.

Not really bragging above, just feels good to write that down.

Financially painful? Time consuming? Sure, at times it is.

But the alternative if we finally lose big is FAR WORSE than a little discomfort in the present time!! Just some of the stuff you guys in ********** and Masachussets are stuck with makes my stomach turn.

California laws(or worse) on a national level during my watch? Uh-uh not gonna happen.

P.S.: Make sure when you write your congressmen that you include the fact you are an NRA member in your signature!!

UKTN
October 4, 2006, 02:04 PM
I have recently applied for my American citizenship and one of the many questions on the form is "list any clubs associations you belong to" So I listed the NRA as I have been a member for 2 years, will see if it help or hinders my application!!!!!

weregunner
October 4, 2006, 04:02 PM
Thankyou to all who have joined recently or are already members of The NRA. Each person does matter and together our strength and vote will carry the day. Have said it here many times one has to stand up and be counted. A majority of voices show that we are serious and are not to be taken lightly when the antis try to stifle hard fought for rights. Memorial Day and Veterans Day remind me that a lot of ordinary citizen soldiers alive or dead sacrificed everything to sustain those rights given to us by the Constitution. If they were willing to sacrifice all for the moral high ground on this, who are we to let this come to an end? You who have joined are leading by example to others. Some will never get it and never will. This may be preaching or a little dramatic, but reality will bite us if we don't do something.Time to kick the soapbox back under the bed. Thank you all again.

If you enjoyed reading about "First time NRAer" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!