AR 90/100 rd mags

PDA

SomeKid
October 3, 2006, 08:09 PM
Does anyone out there have the 90 or 100 round magazines for an AR? Are they worth the expense and are they reliable?

If you enjoyed reading about "AR 90/100 rd mags" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
lycanthrope
October 3, 2006, 08:34 PM
The Beta C 100 round mags are pretty popular. Last I checked they ran abour $240. The ones I have seen have been reliable, but others have had problems.

The Grand Inquisitor
October 3, 2006, 09:07 PM
I've heard very mixed things about Beta C mags, and besides the fact that they are HORRIFICALLY over-priced, they don't offer very much bang for the amount of buck asked for.

Consider if you are carrying a full Beta C instead of 3 full 30 round mags.

Sure, you are saving a little bit of space (maybe), but you are using a very akward, wide and round thing to take the place of three thin, easily combined (wrapped together) things.

In fact, one of the reasons the Amry dropped the XM8 project is because the LMG version used Beta C type mags exclusively for ammo feeding.

lycanthrope
October 3, 2006, 09:33 PM
Yeah, but for some applications, like 3 gun competition, they are worth it.

Ian
October 3, 2006, 09:36 PM
I had a Beta-C mag for a while. I didn't use it all that much, but it worked just fine when I did. They are pretty dang heavy when fully loaded, though. Other than for the odd 3-gun stage, I wouldn't have much reaosn to have one rather than have three 30-rounders (and 200 bucks to spare).

If you enjoyed reading about "AR 90/100 rd mags" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!