Gun dealer complaints.

PDA

PinnedAndRecessed
October 3, 2006, 08:13 PM
From a gun dealer:

1. I'm sorry you overpaid for that no longer in production Llama 45 and that I cant give you a trade credit of $500 for it on a new Colt Gunsite, Im just a thief.

2. Im sorry that there are no parts available for that gun show special you bought, and I am nothing more than a mercenary for charging $50 to spend two hours making you a new one.

3. Your right, I am wrong to charge you $30 to drill and tap a hole, its just a hole that your buddy can do with a drill press.

4. Please accept my apologies for not spending an hour discussing the RKBA with you, it is rude for me to cut you off just so I can help paying customers.

5. Its so very egotistical for me to not want to build a lightweight 50BMG on a Swedish Mauser 96, youve given that a lot of thought and I must be jealous of your expertise.

6. Please allow me to spend the rest of my day showing you the handguns that you will have your buddy order on line.

7. I know you can get it cheaper off the net, Ive got a lot of nerve trying to charge you $5 more.

8. Heres my dealer catelog, order whatever you like, at cost. Plus I'll pay the shipping.

9. Its my fault you got a denied on your NICs check, if I was not such a traitor to the gun movement I would just rip that form up and let your buddy buy it for you.

10. Oh yes you are absolutely right no matter how arrogant and nasty you may be.

From the customer:

1. Whaddya mean you want $75 to do a transfer?

2. Excuse me, I've been patiently waiting for service while you've been regaling us with your Vietnam Navy Seal Ninja war stories, could I actually get you to wait on me now!

3. Yeah I know Speer Gold Dots are super deadly and that you're trying to sell them to me for $2.50 a round since you're so concerned with my survival!

4. Why thank you for your unsolicted opinion on my choice of firearms. Of course you work in a gun store so you must know way more about firearms than an average simpleton like me.

5. Did anyone tell you the Asault Weapons Ban ended and you're the only twit left still selling Glock high-cap mags for $100 bucks?

6. I always assumed that a trigger job actually involved smoothing up the internals, not just cutting two coils off the mainspring.

7. I know you believe that an Interarms is as good as an Accuracy International, but I have my own opinion, thanks you very much.

8. When you say "New in Box", do you mean new from the factory, or new to your shop?

9. No, the 10mm is not a dead cartridge, and yes, there is more than one manufacturer that chambers for that round.

10. While I am waiting 30 minutes for you to stop babbling about (not even the angels know) what, can you direct me to any gun magazines actually published in the last 10 years?

Or, this little gem of a narrative:

Gun Store: "S&W made these ( green and black 681PCs) for NATO. We just got it in."

Me: "Since when is NATO buying .357 mag revolvers?"

Gun Shop: "It was a special program but they didn't go with it so they sold the guns to the public."

Next day -

Me: "Hey, I called S&W about that gun. They said they made a run for a distributor at their request. This gun was made four years ago. That NATO thing was completely false."

Gun Store: (Pause) "Well, I heard it was for NATO..."

If you enjoyed reading about "Gun dealer complaints." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
mechdriver
February 6, 2007, 01:42 PM
I enjoyed reading this and it reminds me that 'stupid' can be found on both sides of the counter.

Correia
February 6, 2007, 01:58 PM
I own a gunstore, and I love 99% of my customers. :)

mec
February 6, 2007, 02:02 PM
that was a fair and balanced post!

Stauffenberg
February 6, 2007, 02:21 PM
Yeah, there's usually plenty of stupid to go around at gun shops. Most that I encounter is of the dumb-kids-playing-with-the-AR's variety; I don't even really approach the staff unless I'm making a purchase.

Gord
February 6, 2007, 02:42 PM
I own a gunstore, and I love 99% of my customers. :)

How much do you charge for transfers? :neener:

I'm heading for Utah in March to explore the possibility of becoming an ex-Californian; I'm not gonna be within a hundred miles of Salt Lake City, but lemme fondle one of those Tromix Saigas and I'll go through you anyway. :p

cheygriz
February 6, 2007, 03:14 PM
Most of the gun dealers (dealers, not necessarily employees:D ) that I have known over the years have been decent, fairly knowledgable sorts.

But there have ben a few.:eek:

Me: I need a box of Speer 150 grain boattail softpoints.

Employee: What caliber?

Me: .30 caliber, ya know, .308 diameter.

Employee: .308 ammo doesn't come in 150 grain. We only carry 180.

Me: .308 component bullets for reloading into .30-06 cases!

Employee: Oh, yeah! Ya reload. Ya don't want 150 grain bullets for a .30-06 All of the experienced hunters we get here use 220 gain bullets in the .30-06.

Me: I want 150 grain Speer boattails. (starting to get upset)

Employee: Leaves, and returns with a box of 20 Remington 220 grain loaded rounds. These are whatcha want, Mac!

Me: SHOVE IT!

Fortunately, this is the exception rather than the rule!:D

El Tejon
February 6, 2007, 03:59 PM
Corr, tell us about the other 1%, pluuuuuleeeeze.:D :evil:

*hops up and down* So, you got a XGI yet, er, I mean a ZIG556? How about now? What's that? They are stuck in the warehouse? How about now? Got now? NATO gets them first? SEAL Team order? Any yet? How about now?:neener:

Correia
February 6, 2007, 04:04 PM
How much do you charge for transfers?

Normally $25.

Unless they can't string words together into a coherent sentence, need me to hold their hand the whole time, talk to them on the phone seventy five times, answer two hundred e-mails consisting of "hab u seen my Gock fotay is it there yet is it there yet is it there yet!!! You suck you service is teh suck! I shod have went to Cabelas." Before receiving their gun in, only to find that it was shipped wrapped in a single sheet of bubble wrap, with a strip of duct tape holding it into a ball. Of course the wrong gun came in from the shipper, so obviously this is somehow my fault/problem. The shipper will then insist that the gun was in 100% LNIB condition when shipped, and that it must have become pitted, covered in fuzzy orange rust, and lost its extractor, in the 24 hours it sat in my vault.

For them I charge $35 and their left eye. :)

mpmarty
February 6, 2007, 04:14 PM
My experiences with GUN SHOPS as opposed to sporting goods (kyak sales etc) stores has been excellent for the past fifty plus years I have been patronizing them. I even enjoyed the years of being a VERY small FFL dealer (with a genuint brick and mortar store in a mall). I enjoyed dealing with interesting, intelligent customers; I enjoyed dealing with intelligent, courteous vendors; I enjoyed tossing a**holes out on their a**es; I even got to do the latter to a BATF employee (pre BATFE) who came in to fake a straw man sale to set me up for a fall.

Danus ex
February 6, 2007, 04:36 PM
The worst I ever had was from some jerk selling a Colt revolver on GunsAmerica. I sent him an email inquiry:

Me: "Hello. I'm interested in the Colt XYZ, and I'd like to offer $XXX."

Jerk: "LOL"

That's all he said. After that, any time I saw a gun from that company for sale, I didn't bother looking at it.

Dorryn
February 6, 2007, 04:45 PM
After that, any time I saw a gun from that company for sale, I didn't bother looking at it.

Share! Who was it?

Correia
February 6, 2007, 04:46 PM
That depends on what XYZ and $XXX are. :)

Danus ex
February 6, 2007, 06:36 PM
That depends on what XYZ and $XXX are. :)

Indeed. I believe the gun was a Diamondback or a Detective Special (those are what I purchased that summer). My offer was low compared to what this seller was asking, but was reasonable compared to what all the other sellers were asking. Ultimately, I had no need to deal with Jerk as other sellers were moving similar or identical products at lower prices with no attitude. I figured an asking price that was noticeably higher than everyone else's prices was an invitation to haggle.

Share! Who was it?

Now, now, I won't say exactly who. It should be easy to figure out, though. Just look for the Colt seller on GA who has a large inventory and higher prices than his competition. The seller may or may not be the obnoxious type who writes exclusively in capital letters.

wooderson
February 6, 2007, 06:49 PM
The ones that get me are the guys who set up with a table of guns at shows and don't put any kind of tag on anything (price, or caliber, etc. in rifles, nor do they want anyone to touch, breathe or look at their wares without written permission. I'm not going through all that hassle to find out you want $200 too much for that old S&W or Colt, buddy.

1KPerDay
February 6, 2007, 06:56 PM
I'm heading for Utah in March to explore the possibility of becoming an ex-Californian
Sorry, we're full-up.:D

If you enjoyed reading about "Gun dealer complaints." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!