How much extra weight do you carry?

PDA

SIRVEYR666
October 3, 2006, 09:27 PM
As I was packing my gym bag for my daily 4 a.m. :cuss: workout tomorrow, I noticed just how much crap that I carry with me on a daily basis. It totals 4 lbs. 12 oz.!:what:

My daily supplies are as follows:

Glock 26 (with 11 rounds) in IWB holster
spare mag with 10 rounds
Full-sized Applegate-Fairbaine "tactical":barf: folder
Small Boker boot knife
Leatherman Super Tool
Leather gun belt
Way too many keys on a 'biner
Wallet* (No cash=less weight):(
Tin of snuff (weight varies depending on boredom/stress level)
Ball-point pen
0.3mm mechanical pencil

Holy crap! 4 lbs. 12 oz.

I think that I have some sort of disorder or something. What kind of OCD idiot weighs the contents of their pockets.

If you enjoyed reading about "How much extra weight do you carry?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
SigfanUSAF
October 3, 2006, 09:34 PM
Sig P220 R
Wallet (same as above)
Half a dozen keys
Marlboros & lighter

I don't notice any additional weight, as I would never leave home without any of them:rolleyes:

shermacman
October 3, 2006, 09:34 PM
I got you beat.
About 25 pounds since I graduated from High School.

And yes, it is mostly in my fanny and belt packs...:eek:

rico700
October 3, 2006, 09:35 PM
I carry about 20 lbs of xtra weight and its right around my mid section. I wish I could just take it off like you do with your duffle!

Regards

Geronimo45
October 3, 2006, 09:38 PM
My boots are heavier than the contents of my pockets. Steel toes and boot polish... heavier than keys + wallet + cell + monster swiss army knife.

SIRVEYR666
October 3, 2006, 09:39 PM
I don't really notice the weight either, but I too would feel "nood" without the stuff.:)

doggscube
October 3, 2006, 10:41 PM
I only notice it when my gun is not on my hip, and the cell phone, flashlight, and leatherman on the other side are not balanced out.

The flashlight may be unusual, but once fall arrives it comes in handy in the evenings.

-Jeff

BullfrogKen
October 4, 2006, 01:25 AM
A good bit. I noticed the difference when I go to my doc appointments for follow up visits. Probably 4-5 lbs. If I carry the Colt Cobra, it might be less than 3.

Third_Rail
October 4, 2006, 01:40 AM
Keys, wallet, phone, lights, lighters, rations, water, two revolvers*, three knives (two folding, one straight*), steel toed boots, thick leather belt, sheaths/holsters, hand-kerchief, cigarette papers, tobacco, matches, pen, pencil, writing pad, paracord, cash, two tins of snuff (one tobacco free), a multi-tool and three one troy ounce bars of silver.

Over 10 pounds, last I measured it all. Don't really notice the weight, though - been adding bit by bit for a while.

*Only carried where permitted.

LiquidTension
October 4, 2006, 12:18 PM
I have taken notice on several occasions of the pile of stuff that I have after I unload my pockets. Pro Carry in HBE Com3/642 in pocket holster (one or the other, not both), Camillus Heat folder, watch, belt, wallet, day planner, pen, keys, photon light, chewing gum, sunglasses. Women have commented on how much stuff I have in my pants :rolleyes: but I usually just point to their purse.

ETA: Forgot about the cell phone. Only phone I have - I don't understand the concept of a phone that rings where you aren't.

kfranz
October 4, 2006, 12:52 PM
Full-sized Applegate-Fairbaine "tactical" folder
Small Boker boot knife
Leatherman Super Tool

Why three knives?

KimberTLE.45
October 4, 2006, 01:16 PM
Kimber TLE II With 1 extra 8 rounder, wallet, keys, lighter, marlboros, and a few various pens and pencils.

bakert
October 4, 2006, 01:18 PM
Dang, some of you carry a bit of stuff with you. I being a bit long in the tooth and with a gimpy leg get by pretty well with less. One Ruger P97 with a total of 8 .45 ACPs(no extra mag), truck and house keys, wallet ,change, tin of snoose, one lockblade knife and a hankerchief. :p

Third_Rail
October 4, 2006, 01:23 PM
Geeze, how many of us carry snuff? I'm a bit surprised... I thought that it was rather a dying fad.

Rumble
October 4, 2006, 01:26 PM
Besides the 35 lb tire I have affixed to my midsection, I carry:

Sig P239 (IWB) + 1 mag (usually in a holder, unless my batman factor gets too high)
Little cheapo "tacticool" flashlight, in the pocket
Wallet, keys, loose change, inhaler, various receipts, pocketknife, lint.

Couple pounds, I guess. It's all "typical" gear, so it doesn't really seem like extra.

Chipperman
October 4, 2006, 01:30 PM
I was just about to comment on the snuff. I don't believe I've ever met someone who uses it. Interesting.

Anyway, I've never weighed my daily load, but it's got to be at least 3 lbs anyway:
P7M13, extra mag, Surefire light, Leatherman Wave, Benchmade, Gerber, wallet, keys...

and I don't even have a cell phone!

Why three knives?

The Leatherman doesn't even count as a knife to me. It's nice to have a good knife accessible to each hand. ;)

SIRVEYR666
October 4, 2006, 01:37 PM
Why three knives? One can never have too many.:cool:

I use the Leatherman for the pliers mostly.

The Applegate for most cutting/stabbing/slashing/intimidating/fingernail cleaning tasks.

The Boker boot knife is only about 2 3/4", and it's for just in case.

Maybe three knives is overkill, but I really like knives. They are more affordable than firearms:) , so I can buy more of them. I have a few dozen really nice folders that I could carry, but I find myself carrying the same one everyday. I like well used broken in stuff. When I do switch it up, I carry my Benchmade Auto.

mljdeckard
October 4, 2006, 02:06 PM
Cell phone
CKRT full size folder
Kimber Custom II in a fanny pack
2 extra mags (All the carry rigs I own accomodate two, so I always take two)
Leatherman on my belt
Spyderco on my keyring

If I'm at school,

backpack with laptop (Must read THR while in geography class taught by hemp-wearing 25 year-old PhD who thinks that shaving her legs is a frivolity, and tells me that America is both responsible to provide economic and humanitarian aid to the entire world, and that cultural and economic influence from America is destroying the world,) and about 15 lbs of books.

Black Majik
October 4, 2006, 02:33 PM
Never weighed it...

Wallet
keys
PDA cell phone
Kimber fullsize in Sparks IWB
spare mag
SF E2L
Benchmade 942

PlayboyPenguin
October 4, 2006, 02:43 PM
Besides my carry weapon (which alternates from a Seecamp LWS, Wather PPK, or Taurus 731) , I do not carry too much extra here...just cell phone, pro-tech godfather, wallet, keys, and a measuring tape (I flip houses so alway shaving to measure something).
http://www.thehighroad.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=45851&stc=1&d=1159983813

HiWayMan
October 5, 2006, 05:06 PM
Haven't weighed it, but maybe I should.

Taurus 651
Speed strip w/ 5 rounds
Wallet
7oz Blackjack
Hankerchief
CRKT M16
Old Timer Stockman
S&W HRT "raptor claw" Neck knife
keys
Zippo
1-2 cans of Grizzly
cell phone

abearir
October 5, 2006, 05:29 PM
about 35 pounds extra,........directly above my belt buckle unfortuately.
:banghead:

bakert
October 5, 2006, 07:14 PM
Quote>"I was just about to comment on the snuff. I don't believe I've ever met someone who uses it. Interesting".

Hmmmph, Northerners!:D
Chipperman, it's a good old boys thing.

Hoppy590
October 5, 2006, 07:28 PM
keys
wallet
phone
surefire g2
Zippo
2 Bic pens
knife ( varys, broke my S&W knockoff. getting a Leek)

and this is all before i can carry. im gunna weigh a ton when i can.

trickyasafox
October 6, 2006, 02:51 AM
im in nyc so i can't carry a gun

either way here's the stuff i find really handy to keep around. this is just in my pockets. not much, but makes life easier. in my bag i keep other little stuff, another knife, another flashlight, a bit more paracord, aspirin, claratin, band aids, and 5 bucks just i case.

http://www.thehighroad.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=45953&stc=1&d=1160113463

this stuff:
fenix 1lp light
6ft duct tape
10 ft para cord
western knife 3 blades
p38 can opener on keys
smaller knife on keys
led on keys
cell phone
wallet

12GA00buck
October 6, 2006, 03:12 AM
Okay, I'll play
1. Keys
2. Wallet
3. Gerber Gater 3 1/2 inch drop point, 154cm steal, half serated, kept razer sharp
4. Leatherman
5. Cell phone
6. Zippo/Winstons
7. skoal, if I'm going to be stuck inside long
8. Pepper spray, (soon to be replaced by XD 45, 4inch model and/or .38 snubbie for summer wear)

wolf_from_wv
October 6, 2006, 02:20 PM
I don't CCW yet. I take off 15 lbs. every night and put it back on in the morning. :what:

psyopspec
October 6, 2006, 02:45 PM
I'm not sure of the weight but some days I'd bet it gets up there.

-Beretta 92 and 2 mags in a shoulder holster
-Wallet
-Keys
-Cell
-Surefire 6p
-Lighter
-Gerber
-Almost forgot, I dip occasionally too.
-For school, ditch the Beretta and throw in a camelback stuffed to the gills with books, a jacket, gloves. I walk and it's about 4 miles one way. I'm there all day and then I walk home. For those of you not living terribly far from where you work/go to school I recommend this. It's the best part of my day, and I can honestly say it's given me some idea of how much weight I could carry for SHTF, and how much water I'd go throw while hoofing it.
Plus, for those of you wearing a Dunlop (my gut dun lopped over my belt!) it's not a bad way to lose weight.

If you enjoyed reading about "How much extra weight do you carry?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!