AR.15.com

PDA

sherrick13
October 4, 2006, 02:50 AM
How long has it been down?

If you enjoyed reading about "AR.15.com" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
abdrdude
October 4, 2006, 03:33 AM
Hi Sherrick. I'm aka as rdnkbkr over there. Just got in from work tonight and noticed that Arfcom was down. I'm still reeling on the loss of ETH and now, I can't even check on how the rest of the bunch is holding up.

By the way, I'm one of your Okla neighbors. MWC

Scott

Bruce333
October 4, 2006, 05:27 AM
I was on arfcom at 10:30 last night. Still down right now at 5:20am

Backwoods
October 4, 2006, 09:37 AM
Well I guess that means that they didn't lock me out of the site! Has to be something unexpected or they'd have the page up with the "come back later" message.

Don in Ohio

techmike
October 4, 2006, 09:41 AM
Still down. :banghead: I like coming here but I like to get my daily dose of attitude at arfcom. On another note...damn shame about ETH...Never met the man, but I always liked his posts.

silascobb
October 4, 2006, 10:06 AM
Still down as of 9AM CST. Damn I need my morning ARFCOM fix! :banghead:

taliv
October 4, 2006, 10:10 AM
didn't they just complete a hardware upgrade?

RNB65
October 4, 2006, 10:18 AM
They've been upgrading something (hardware? software? database? I don't remember). Looks like something didn't work.

ARFCOM is amusing and the VA HTF is nice, but the politics and B.S. get old real fast.

jem375
October 4, 2006, 10:30 AM
You are right about an amusing site. Lot of Rambos over there running around in camo and ghillie suits...lol

SingleStack
October 4, 2006, 10:30 AM
Funny...I was just getting ready to post a thread: "What happened to ar15.com?" Guess this is only temporary, huh?

ShackleMeNot
October 4, 2006, 10:31 AM
Could someone please fill me in on what happened to ETH? This is the first I've heard of it.

akanotken
October 4, 2006, 10:42 AM
Pretty quick. I didn't know him, and don't post that often. But it says alot by the depth of the response that his death has created.

DnPRK
October 4, 2006, 10:43 AM
ETH, Wayne, had a massive heart attack Sunday at 12:30 PM. He was sustained by a respirator for almost a day before his family took him off. I'll miss his wit.

ShackleMeNot
October 4, 2006, 11:19 AM
Wow. I was out of state for the last 5 days and ar15.com has been down today.

RIP Wayne.

Beren
October 4, 2006, 02:53 PM
Let's try not to make personal attacks, especially concerning the recently deceased. I've removed the inappropriate comment.

bytor94
October 4, 2006, 03:32 PM
Could it be the server went down and the Avilas are headed to Texas for ETH's service?

Real nice MAUSER88.

techmike
October 4, 2006, 03:39 PM
Could it be the server went down and the Avilas are headed to Texas for ETH's service?

Real nice MAUSER88.

I had thought that as well...I guess we'll see. MAUSER88...I wonder if You'd make that same comment someplace where users aren't obligated to take "The High Road". Maybe you could make the same comment on Arfcom when it comes back up.

g56
October 4, 2006, 03:47 PM
It's been down all day for me, working fine last night!

ETH (Wayne) was a valued member of AR15.com, he sponsored the Hun Farm Shoot at his place in Texas every year, I never made it but was hoping to do so one day. :(

Davo
October 4, 2006, 03:51 PM
Im trying to get my first AR up and running, and was gonna be on there today figuring out why my match trigger wont reset....my luck.

The-Fly
October 4, 2006, 04:03 PM
not to thread jack, but who is ETH ?

silascobb
October 4, 2006, 04:12 PM
ETH = Eric the (parenthetical quipper) Hun, a well known, well respected, and long standing member of AR15.com.

Owner of the "Hun Farm" who hosted many an AR15.com member at his farm for shooting sports.

So is my understanding because I never personally met the man, and I only joined AR15.com in mid-2005.

The-Fly
October 4, 2006, 04:15 PM
that sucks. Well at least he'll have Col Cooper for company.

engineer2001
October 4, 2006, 04:19 PM
I'm pretty new to AR15.com, so I don't know who ETH is. I was just finding out last night from the posts about him when the whole she-bang went down (around 11 PM).

Been down since then. The only good thing from this downtime is that no one is pushing my EE listings down with new ones. :evil: I thought I was the only one who couldn't reach it at first, because no one had complained on any of the other gun boards I visit, but I now see this. *whew*

RNB65
October 4, 2006, 04:24 PM
I've never heard of him. The VA HTF is the only place I ever go in ARFCOM. Great place for meeting locals and finding local shoots to attend.

I'd love to go look at some of his older posts, but since I refuse to pay for an ARFCOM membership, I'm limited to only seeing recent posts. Oh, well...

engineer2001
October 4, 2006, 04:26 PM
I only paid for an ARFCOM membership because "Excist-and-reflect" gave me free handguards upon the condition that I get a membership. I'm proud I did. The archives are much better than the current lot of noobs who post there now.

Do I need M4 feedramps?
Are KNS anti-rotation pins good?
Which lower receiver is the best?

Blah blah blah... all the time. :banghead:

Beren
October 4, 2006, 04:30 PM
AR15.com is back up, folks. Nice and fast without all you blokes connected. :D

ANGST
October 4, 2006, 04:30 PM
I still like ARFCOM, buts it's getting like a soap opera there every day.

dragongoddess
October 4, 2006, 04:32 PM
its up now.

RNB65
October 4, 2006, 04:32 PM
I only paid for an ARFCOM membership because "Excist-and-reflect" gave me free handguards upon the condition that I get a membership.

I refuse to pay for a membership at a site where I've seen too many good folks get their account locked or banned because they did somthing trivial that PO'd. a moderator or staff member. The politics and pettiness are ridiculous.

THR is a thousand times better discussio board and it's free. :)

engineer2001
October 4, 2006, 04:39 PM
I like the local (hometown) aspect of AR15.com, and the equipment exchange is where my entire gun budget goes these days. I'm checking right now to see if you guys have something similar for me to obsess over. ;)

I left one gun board already because of politics (mods that were overbearing and assaulted users anytime they posted anything out of line with their libertarian beliefs). I'll come here full-time if ARFCOM gets too all up in my biz-nazz.

Bruce333
October 5, 2006, 09:33 PM
Whoa! Server went down...Some site functions still not working right...

We experienced a hardware failure at 1am yesterday morning and have ordered replacement parts this morning. Since the problem was not consistent, it took hours to find the source of the problem. In addition, we had not been actively testing our backup, which we also found dead.

At this time we are hoping to have everything back to normal tomorrow, assuming replacements arrive on time.

We apologize for any inconveniences and will do our best to keep the site running in it's current limited state until we can restore full functionality.It will probably go down again when they make repairs...

Halffast
October 6, 2006, 12:16 PM
Bru333,

You must me psychotic...I mean psychic. ;)

David

Rev. DeadCorpse
October 6, 2006, 12:34 PM
Wayne's funeral was yesterday. There were a number of ARFCOMers that went. No idea if Goatboy went, but hopefully he'll get the Java unfarked pretty quickly.

I pulled up a console the other day to see why stuff wasn't loading right in Opera. Turns out, the Java was tweaked. Not sure what dinged it, but it looks like it's down again right now.

It isn't a bad forum. Yeah, if you pee in everyones cheerios, they'll nuke you. So? Don't be an a$$hat and you're good to go. GD is a mess, but that's why it's GD. The tech forum mods keep things in line there and we've had some extremely useful discussion's re: gun smithing, ballistics, technique, SHTF prep, ect...

Getting together with the folks from your Hometown rocks as well. Some of the nicest people I've ever met are my fellow gun nuts. ;-)

Bruce333
October 6, 2006, 12:47 PM
Bru333,

You must me psychotic...I mean psychic.

DavidYou had it right the first time. http://thehighroad.org/images/smilies/uhoh2.gif

I stay away from Gen. Disc. on ARFCOM.

Home town and the tech boards are where I'm at!

justatexasboy
October 6, 2006, 12:55 PM
I was saddened to hear about ETH. Very nice guy. I donated some metal targets to the hun farm gathering a few years ago. I hope ETH got some good use out of them. I was never able to make the meet, but Im told everyone always had a good time and some lasting friendships were made.

Rev. DeadCorpse
October 6, 2006, 01:52 PM
It's up again. It was down, back up partially, down again, but is... for the time being... back up.

:cool:

If you enjoyed reading about "AR.15.com" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!