how accurate will this be?

PDA

dougestyle
October 4, 2006, 03:02 PM
Wanting to get started in some long range shooting. I do a little hunting and would like to extend my range a bit. Not sure if I will try to compete yet. It sounds interesting, but sooooo much to learn.
So my question is this: I'm going to buy a Remington 700 SPS in 300 Weatherby. I have wanted a good gun in this caliber for a long time now, so if I want to compete I will need to get another gun, which is fine. On to the question, what kind of real world accuracy can I expect from this setup? I have a range on our farm out to 600 yards. What kind of groups can I expect at this distance and would I be able to go out to 1000 yards with practice? I consider myself a good shooter, which of course holds the most bearing on accuracy. The scope will be a Leupold VXIII unless you folks have a better idea for me. Any ideas will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

If you enjoyed reading about "how accurate will this be?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
ArmedBear
October 4, 2006, 03:42 PM
They don't make the SPS in .300 Weatherby, do they? Is this a special run or something?

Groups? Hard to say out that far. What's easy to say is that it won't be fun finding out, unless you use a gun vise or something.

If you enjoyed reading about "how accurate will this be?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!