what .22 rifle

PDA

justnew
October 4, 2006, 03:43 PM
Am not sure what rifle to buy, am thinking Marlin 7000 but i dont know if there any good with subsonic ammo with a sound mod fitted, i've heard they jam, any help much appreciated, any other semi auto rifle thats i should be looking for, bearing in mind i want to use the rifle with a sound mod for shooting rabbits.

If you enjoyed reading about "what .22 rifle" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
JD_LION
October 4, 2006, 05:10 PM
I shot the 7000 and was very impressed for the value with the factory heavy barrel. I own a Ruger 10/22 but I bought a replacement bull barrel and stock If you want the factory bull barrel model it's more cash than the Marlin. But the accessories for the 10/22 can't be beat. I have never used a sound mod on these rifles so I can't help you there.

Technosavant
October 4, 2006, 07:26 PM
If you want to go subsonic, then you may wish to reconsider a bolt action; most semiautos work better with high-velocity ammo.

However, for semiautos, Marlins are probably about the most reliable out of the box models out there. The 10/22 is also good, but takes tweaking in order to achieve outstanding accuracy. The Remington 597 is very accurate, but tends to be a bit more hit and miss in terms of quality (mine works great, but I do admit that the 597 had its share of issues, most of which have been fixed).

f4t9r
October 4, 2006, 08:16 PM
my fav 22 rifle is the Marlin 39A

If you enjoyed reading about "what .22 rifle" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!