Happy Birthday Mr. Heston

PDA

Ohio Rifleman
October 4, 2006, 04:51 PM
Just thought I should post a thread about this. Charleton Heston, famous actor and an influential RKBA activist turns 83 today. Happy birthday! :D

If you enjoyed reading about "Happy Birthday Mr. Heston" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
SoCalShooter
October 4, 2006, 04:55 PM
You know he has starred or atleast appeard in 123+ films and documentaries? Thats pretty impressive.

EarlofSandwich
October 4, 2006, 04:56 PM
Haven't seen him in public in a long time. Must be tough declining the way he is.

Happy Birthday Mr. Heston.

Ohio Rifleman
October 4, 2006, 04:59 PM
I think he's mostly writing books and such now. But, the man's 83, I think he deserves a break. Also, on the NRA web site, you can get a copy of a book of his called The Courage to be Free that's signed by the man himself! It's a little steep at $30, but still really cool. I might order a copy.

weregunner
October 4, 2006, 05:06 PM
Congrats on number 83 Mr. Heston. You have a place in our hearts. It would have been easy and just sat out retirement. My son and I were at a rally several years ago and are glad to this day he rallyed the troops. Couldn't have found a better spokesman.:D

Ohio Rifleman
October 4, 2006, 05:40 PM
It looks like Mr. Heston has Alzheimer's disease. According to the wikipedia article on him, it appears to be in the advanced stages. First Ronald Reagan and now Charleton Heston. Why does this cruel disease strike at such great men?

Standing Wolf
October 4, 2006, 10:45 PM
He's still my president.

Rembrandt
October 4, 2006, 10:49 PM
Have had the priviledge to work with Chuck on several occassions....to this day I'm in awe of his mastery of the English language and extensive vocabulary. Whenever he speaks every word has significance and relevance to the topic at hand. Many people struggle to say something meaningful when a microphone is poked in their face....he always seems quite at home with impromptu conversations. A very polite and kind person....my conversations with him will be treasured.

One of my most prized firearms is an autographed rifle, stock signed by the hand of "Moses".

Happy Birthday Chuck.

mnrivrat
October 5, 2006, 12:04 AM
Happy Birthday Chuck !

Thanks for your service to the NRA and to american gun owners .

308nato
October 5, 2006, 01:07 AM
Happy Birthday Mr. Heston

Barrelmaker
October 5, 2006, 02:39 AM
Real name Charles Carter.

If you enjoyed reading about "Happy Birthday Mr. Heston" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!