"It's not in because of the War in Iraq..."

PDA

The Grand Inquisitor
October 4, 2006, 07:47 PM
Has anyone noticed that this little phrase has become the "lie- de jour" for every manufacturer and distributor that hasn't been able to get their product in by the deadline.

I remember for a while DSA was really backed up and people were getting responses from DSA that a great majority of their FAL's were going to Iraq, instead of the truth that they were just running late.

No one in Iraq (with the exception of some kooks playing mercenary) is running a FAL, but everyone who is in the firearm business is saying that their products are in the sandy hellhole.

If you enjoyed reading about ""It's not in because of the War in Iraq..."" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Malone LaVeigh
October 4, 2006, 09:10 PM
Well, at least it's not a new phenomenon. When I was in military school in 1966 we were rationed uniform brass because Vietnam was taking so much of it.

carterbeauford
October 4, 2006, 09:25 PM
Only time I've ever heard that excuse was when my dealer ran out of 40 year old Yugoslavian 7.62x39 :scrutiny:

If you enjoyed reading about ""It's not in because of the War in Iraq..."" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!