Browning A-Bolt II Medallion

PDA

RookieWingHunter
October 4, 2006, 10:55 PM
Hello Guys, I was thinking about buying a deer rifle and i have done most of the work for you guys.... i have narrowed it down to the A-bolt medallion or the Rem 700CDL, i was wondering which one you would pick.... i think i am leaing towards the A-Bolt because it looks so good, but on the other hand the 700 is so classic and reliable, tested, if you know what i mean , but then i see so many people have one it sometimes makes me want to be different.....-Rookie

If you enjoyed reading about "Browning A-Bolt II Medallion" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
db_tanker
October 5, 2006, 07:59 AM
Get the Browning.

Its just a nice looking rifle.

Also I prefer to try to march to a diffrent drummer when it comes to firearms selection...alot of people own Remmys...

Also every Browning I have shot put a smile on my face when I looked at the paper.

D

RookieWingHunter
October 5, 2006, 08:16 AM
thanks, i guess you are the only one in the whole forum who can answer my question :uhoh: , anyways, like i said i was leaning towards the browning, i just needed a few more opinions before i spent $600-700 ....-=Rookie

koz4guns
October 5, 2006, 10:35 AM
I had a A Bolt medalion in 30-06 and it was a great rifle very acurate. I too like to have things that are a little different than others, but that isn't the reason that I picked the Browning, I liked the 60 degree bolt throw and the way the gun felt when you put it up to your shoulder. I don't think you can go wrong with either gun you should just pick the one that feels the best, they always shoot better when they feel good to you.

Koz

Karbon
October 5, 2006, 10:42 AM
Do yourself a favor and check out the Tikka's. SLICK botls. I was dead set on an A-bolt until I shot a Tikka. I didn't care for the plastic and opted for the laminated stock.

hossdaniels
October 6, 2006, 09:40 AM
a-bolt is a better rifle than anything else for the money. gotta go to kimber or sako(not tikka) to get any better IMO.

Karbon
October 6, 2006, 10:06 AM
I hope more people keep thinking like you Hoss. (Maybe then I'll have an easier time finding my next one):neener:

Take a A bolt and a Tikka to the range and most will change thier minds quick. The trigger, accuracy and bolt smoothness are light years ahead of the Brownie. Do get me wrong, they are good guns, but not even close to the bang for the buck you get with the Tikka line. Other than the $65 per magazine, I can't think of anything bad about Tikkas. (plastic furnature is plastic furnature, if you don't like that, GET WOOD)

No Doubt the Sako big brother is a far more polished, beautiful, better and a "do I dare hunt this gun" , but for more than $700-1400 over most Tikkas.

Only the Savages have a close bang for the buck factor.

The good people here at THR shared their experiences with all guns and related info when I first logged on. They changed my mind from a 300wsm A Bolt, for the better, and now I have a gun more suited to my needs.

My .02.

highlander 5
October 6, 2006, 10:34 AM
Before you buy anything check out the Savage line of rifles I think you'll be pleasently surprised.
I don't know if anyone here is familar with "Gun Tests" this magazine buys various firearms over the counter and test them for function,fit, accuracy.
To a fault 9 times out of ten the Savage outshoots the higher priced rifles and often by quite a margin
Personaly I:what: 'm not a fan of Savage cause they look like they were made in a cellar by someone BUT looks are decieving.

db_tanker
October 6, 2006, 04:52 PM
Karbon,

I understand what your saying, but you gotta understand somthing here.

He asked about two diffrent rifles and which to chose.

Heck, if I had my druthers, I would suggest everyone get a Blaser or a Styer Mannlicher but not everyone has a few grand laying around to spend.

Between a Green Box and a Brownie, my money is going to the Brownie.

MTCW
D

Karbon
October 6, 2006, 04:58 PM
db...

I'm going back to the thread...

Brownie for sure.

NYHunter
October 6, 2006, 05:35 PM
Go with the Browning, you won't be sorry.

If you enjoyed reading about "Browning A-Bolt II Medallion" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!