Looking for an NRA Instructor's Course around Atlanta or Nashville

PDA

Amish_Bill
October 5, 2006, 05:17 PM
Does anyone know of a trainer in the Atlanta or Nashville areas who is doing NRA Instructor's training classes?

If you enjoyed reading about "Looking for an NRA Instructor's Course around Atlanta or Nashville" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
mustanger98
October 5, 2006, 05:50 PM
I don't know of any in Atlanta or Nashville, but I do know those classes are offered time to time at Chatuge Gun Club in Hiawassee, GA. That's a couple of hours drive time north of Atlanta. They're an affiliate of the Georgia Sport Shotting Association.

Cacique500
October 5, 2006, 05:55 PM
I do Amishbill...but I've got the info at home - will try to post it for you this weekend. He's running a class Oct 14/15 for NRA basic pistol.

Edit: PM Sent

USMC - Retired
October 5, 2006, 05:58 PM
Cacique500,
The Instructors course or the basic? I would also be interested in an Instructors course in Georgia.

cloudedice
October 5, 2006, 05:59 PM
NRA's website had this:

Douglasville, GA - Saturday, October 14, 2006, Tactical Concepts, $225
Scott Vandiver, 770-377-1635. , guninstructor2@bellsouth.net
Class types: Basic Pistol, Instructor Training

Gallatin, TN - Friday, October 20, 2006, PO Box 8141, $600
Greg Knox, 615 364 4359. , have-gun-will-travel@hgrfirearms.com
Class types: Basic Pistol, Instructor Training

There were a couple more in TN that were cheaper, and one more in GA that was under 200, but it was 3 hrs from Atlanta.

Edit: Here's the link. You can search by state and course type: http://www.nrahq.org/education/training/find.asp

Cacique500
October 5, 2006, 06:00 PM
It's Scott Vandiver - he's teaching the NRA Basic Pistol Instructor course Oct 14/15 - does other instructor training as well.

cloudedice
October 5, 2006, 06:02 PM
Ah, misunderstood that you were looking for a particular instructor. Well, glad I could be of assistance anyway. :)

Amish_Bill
October 5, 2006, 07:15 PM
Not bad... I've contacted Scott about this. :D

Now to see if I can stretch a vegas trip to hit SLC for a Utah instructor's course...

Amish_Bill
October 17, 2006, 02:21 PM
Thanks guys.

The course was last weekend. Everything went well, even the "2 inch bullseye at 50 ft" that had me so nervous. :-)

As far as those others who were interested, Scott seems like a pretty dang good guy and a competent instructor. You could do MUCH worse than looking him up for your next course.

Enjoy!

If you enjoyed reading about "Looking for an NRA Instructor's Course around Atlanta or Nashville" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!