Visited threads color

PDA

762x51
December 24, 2002, 08:33 PM
Visited threads don't seem to be showing up in a different color. I mean, if I click on a thread, and the go back, the thread I just clicked on is still in black text. Is this intentional?

If you enjoyed reading about "Visited threads color" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
BamBam-31
December 25, 2002, 04:38 AM
I noticed that too.

I kinda liked how TFL highlighted visited threads for quick reference.

Oleg & Co., you guys must be up to your necks in admin stuff, but when you get a little time, see if you can add this small feature, eh?

Again, thanks for all you guys have done. :)

BigG
December 25, 2002, 10:29 AM
That would be a useful mod. Thanks for getting a great site up and running, BTW. :D

Hkmp5sd
December 25, 2002, 10:38 AM
Notice the little evelope in the left column? It changes state on threads you have read. Even has a different one for threads you have posted a reply in.

stellarpod
December 25, 2002, 10:57 AM
Agree with above. It would be nice to see the text color change for those threads that I've visited. Just makes browsing a bit more efficient.

Thanks,
stellarpod

pax
December 25, 2002, 02:19 PM
The envelope thingy is nice, but changing thread colors would be much easier.

pax

Too many people in the media seem to think that being objective means criticizing "both sides," when in fact it means an unbiased search for the truth. You can do objective research on the Nazis and then conclude that they were pretty rotten people. -- Thomas Sowell

762x51
December 25, 2002, 03:10 PM
The envelope thingie works, but it was nice on TFL to be able to hit the back button after viewing a thread and being able to see which ones you have allready clicked on. Helpful for people like me who read pretty much every thread. Just seemed to be the only thing missing from an otherwise fantastic job on this forum. And on Christmas no less! Thanks again Oleg and company.

Blackhawk
December 26, 2002, 08:37 PM
More contrast between visited and not visited threads would be a great improvement for me too. :)

BenW
December 27, 2002, 02:02 AM
Was just about to start a thread on this when I figured somebody else must have noticed it too.:)

I think they ARE changing colors, but it looks like from one shade to another, very closely related shade.:)

Preacherman
December 27, 2002, 12:28 PM
We're working on it, folks... Bear in mind we had to set up THR in a great hurry, and will have a considerable amount of fine-tuning to do over the next one to two months. Highlighting visited threads is on the agenda, and will be dealt with as soon as we can spare time from more pressing technical issues. After all, this one's cosmetic, not requiring immediate action to keep the board running! :)

HTH

762x51
December 30, 2002, 10:45 AM
Thats all we ask. :) Thanks Preacherman!

Dennis Olson
January 2, 2003, 08:09 PM
This issue is a 10 second fix. If desired, I can provide the code and detail exactly where in the STYLE to place it.

citizen
January 2, 2003, 11:01 PM
Please, "make it so".;)

762x51
January 8, 2003, 01:42 AM
The change has been made! Thank you admins!!!

:D

BamBam-31
January 8, 2003, 03:49 AM
Hurray!!

Mine weary eyes thank thee, O High Road Deities!!

Now I no longer have to look like this: :scrutiny:

Plan-B
January 8, 2003, 01:48 PM
I dunno, I still look at the screen like this: :scrutiny:

The color difference between black and dark green don't seem contrasting enough. I first thought the lighting in the office was screwed up. Then I thought my eyes were getting tired and I didn't get enough sleep last night.

One of the few things I took with me from my college days in graphic design was that if you're gonna make 2 things contrast and look different, then make sure it's obvious that they're different. Otherwise it will just look like a mistake. A lighter shade of green would be nice. :D

Mal H
January 8, 2003, 02:56 PM
Man! Ya just can't please some folks!

Actually, I mentioned the same thing to TheBluesMan. ;)
Yet some others have said it's too bright. ?? I'm beginning to think there are big differences in the shade of colors, even the same value of color, on our various displays/systems. Some difference is inevitable, but in this case, the difference between the link vs visited colors looks fairly small to me. Oh well, at least there is some difference and I sincerely appreciate TBM making the change.

sm
January 8, 2003, 03:12 PM
I appreciate the change of visited thread color.
I also appreciate the fact this forum was set up and running as quickly as it was. I realize some tweaks and fine tuning will be needed, and down the road as we progress.

I have had some questions, problems, input --and reply, answers, and feedback promptly given. I'm not as learned about this stuff, and patience exhibited in assisting me.

Me, I'm happy to be here, and appreciate the efforts. Yeah I should have raised my hand earlier in life and asked questions--so I do that now. ;)

btw, I like green--and I really like the green scroll bar. Distinguishes, without contrasting.

TheBluesMan
January 8, 2003, 11:02 PM
Plan-B - Your wish has been granted. ;) :D

For the past day the green link color has been Hex #004400. Tonight, I tried the hexadecimal equivalent of the RGB color in the HighRoad logo (Hex#618F2A=RGB#97,143,42 if anyone cares), but it was *way* too light.

Currently using #008800.

Any better? :confused:

Lone_Gunman
January 8, 2003, 11:03 PM
Changing colors was a big improvement!

sm
January 8, 2003, 11:14 PM
TBM:
Thanks , I like the change. Don't understand all the gobbley -gook being 'puter stupid...but that's what your for :)

citizen
January 9, 2003, 08:06 AM
Yep; better.

A definite improvement.:cool:

Plan-B
January 9, 2003, 02:32 PM
Plan-B - Your wish has been granted.

Yowza, Yowza, Yowza, I have seen the light!!!

This is my face now -> :D

If you enjoyed reading about "Visited threads color" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!