Hope Pacers come out on top

PDA

exar
October 6, 2006, 09:56 AM
http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory?id=2535185

INDIANAPOLIS Oct 6, 2006 (AP) Stephen Jackson of the Indiana Pacers was struck by a car and fired his gun outside a strip club early Friday, police said.

Jackson told officers he was slugged in the jaw when he went outside the club, was struck by a car and fired his 9 mm pistol in self-defense, Sgt. Matthew Mount told television station WTHR.

There were no reports of anyone being struck by the gunfire, and police did not make any immediate arrests.

The Indianapolis Star reported on its Web site that teammates Jamaal Tinsley and Marquis Daniels were also at the scene and had pistols in their cars. All three of the players had permits for the weapons.

Sounds like this time the players may be in the right. I'd really like to see 'em all there next time I go see a game in Indy.

If you enjoyed reading about "Hope Pacers come out on top" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
El Tejon
October 6, 2006, 10:42 AM
I heard on Bob and Tom this morning that Jackson allegedly fired thrice into the air after being "bumped" by a car.:uhoh: (Direct your thoughts to Heaven, but your gunfire to Earth).

Anyone have anything else?

Wait and see, but whatever happened, hanging out on 38th Street at Club Rio is not a tactically sound idea.:scrutiny:

DirtyBrad
October 6, 2006, 10:45 AM
If the fight didn't get plexiglass put up around the court, this surely will :neener:

Go Wizards!

TheGrouch
October 6, 2006, 11:26 AM
<IMHO>

This Jackson character also followed Ron Artest into the bleachers to assault a Detroit Pistons fan during the infamous BasketBrawl. I'm of the mind that they were maybe, possibly, kinda, sorta, nearly intoxicated and were far from innocent. He was "brushed" by a car, not run over. He was PROBABLY standing in front of the car talking trash to the other party and refused to move. Will they files charges against the Pacers? Doubtful, they're professional athletes. Will the remainder of American youth continue to idolize these morons? Probably. Everyone wants to be a "gansta" these days.

</IMHO>

PokerPro
October 6, 2006, 12:23 PM
Is it legal in Indiana to carry at a bar, or under the influence?

Rezin
October 6, 2006, 01:03 PM
I heard he "fired several shots into the air as a warning..."

....let me see if I can find this. IMHO, that is NOT acceptable, or in the right.

Rezin
October 6, 2006, 01:04 PM
Here it is. Sports Illustrated.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/basketball/nba/10/06/bc.bkn.pacers.gunfire.ap/index.html?cnn=yes

Jackson, 28, told officers he fired his 9 mm pistol four or five times in the air in self-defense after he was punched and hit by a car outside the club, said Sgt. Matthew Mount, spokesman for the Indianapolis Police Department.

migoi
October 6, 2006, 01:09 PM
that thar air can get pretty vicious if you don't perforate it once in a while.

I wonder if your ordinary everyday mortal type of person would have gotten anything less than the night in jail for reckless endangerment in a similiar type of incident.

Just one man's wonderings....

migoi

svtruth
October 6, 2006, 03:39 PM
(maybe in Hoosiers) required the team to pass three times before shooting.
Might be a good idea.

El Tejon
October 6, 2006, 04:54 PM
Poker, yes to both.

If you enjoyed reading about "Hope Pacers come out on top" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!