Problem with Franchi 48 AL or ammo?

PDA

dh515
October 6, 2006, 10:50 AM
I recently purchased a Franchi 48 AL in 28 gauge and have been shooting it for a couple of weeks with different loads. One of the loads is the Fiocchi 3/4 oz. high velocity load. With this load, I am getting brass bulging on the face of the hull. It looks like the brass is flowing into the ejector cut out on the bolt face. I also tried the Fiocchi Golden Pheasant load and Polywad's 28 spreader load with the same result. The only load I've tried that did not do this was Winchester's 1 oz. Super X load. The gun functions fine with all of these loads, however the bulging brass must be a sign of high pressure. Also, I don't think I'll be able to reload any of these hulls. Is this a problem with the gun or ammo? Anyone else have this problem with this shotgun? Thanks in advance.

http://home.dc.rr.com/dh515/Fiocchi%20hulls1.jpg

If you enjoyed reading about "Problem with Franchi 48 AL or ammo?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
If you enjoyed reading about "Problem with Franchi 48 AL or ammo?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!