New nra life member

PDA

mikeb3185
October 6, 2006, 11:31 AM
just signed up for a life membership. i am doing a paper on gun control for school, in the course of my research i used the nra website for some of my research. i am disappointed in myself for not supporting them sooner i did not realize how many rights the anti's have tried and are trying to take.:fire:

If you enjoyed reading about "New nra life member" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Ben Shepherd
October 6, 2006, 11:34 AM
Good for you.

Now the hard part:
Don't get discouraged with all the mail they send. They do it on purpose, hoping to catch you a couple times per year with a little money you can send. It's a percentage game.

mikeb3185
October 6, 2006, 11:37 AM
i know about the mailings i think i had a junior membership when i was 13 or so. all of the mailing gave me a false impression they just wanted money and gave its members nothing, i now know the error of my ways

wqbang
October 6, 2006, 11:51 AM
Don't like the mailings? I don't either!

Call up their customer service line and ask them to stop the mailings other than your monthly magazine and your annual membership renewal (if not a life member). They will be happy to quit wasting the paper.

Bryan

USMC - Retired
October 6, 2006, 12:10 PM
Welcome aboard! Life membership is a big step and financial investment in protecting your rights. Now why not take it a step further? Now that your a like member get involved on a personal level and join your local Friends of NRA Committee. Don't have a local cahpter? Start one! Get active in the politics of your state, call your representatives often to discuss 2nd Ammendment issues that concern you as a citizen. Become a volunteer instructor or assistant for a youth shooting team such as 4-H or Scouts. Recruit others to join the NRA.

iamkris
October 6, 2006, 12:17 PM
In your paper, I'd highly recommend using the following resource:

www.gunfacts.info

Download the v 4.1 This is a comprehensive guide that debunks many myths, arguments and has a ton of scholarly references.

mp510
October 6, 2006, 05:23 PM
Congrats man. Your better than I- I am still buying annual memberships.

USMC - Retired
October 6, 2006, 07:55 PM
You know, you can get a life membership on a payment plan now. PM me if your interested.

Rovi
October 6, 2006, 08:42 PM
Don't like the mailings? I don't either!As a 'dirty foreigner' (:rolleyes: ), I don't get the mailings.
I do, however, get plenty of e-mails telling me who I should/shouldn't vote for in various elections in which I can't vote. :D

It also cost me an extra $10/annum to get American Rifleman. :(

Ah well, I see it as an investment in protecting my American buddies' right to have nice toys for me to play with. :D

Ohen Cepel
October 6, 2006, 08:49 PM
Congrats!

Memberships also make great Christmas gifts, especially for the libs in the family:evil:

Hm, I don't get much junk from them. Never did anything to stop it or maybe I'm just good at ignoring it.

gezzer
October 6, 2006, 10:46 PM
Ah well, I see it as an investment in protecting my American buddies' right to have nice toys for me to play with.

And we thank You!!!!

Zeke Menuar
October 6, 2006, 10:56 PM
I'm on the easy payment plan. It's the best way to go for us poor time-clock-punching folks.

ZM

If you enjoyed reading about "New nra life member" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!