300 Trailer is out!!

PDA

mcosman
October 6, 2006, 02:13 PM
Didn't see anything on here about the trailer. Looks interesting but not quite what I expected.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/300/hd/

If you enjoyed reading about "300 Trailer is out!!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
rbernie
October 6, 2006, 02:28 PM
Uh, well, I'm kinda speechless. :uhoh:

I guess I was expecting something a little less fanciful.

Rev. DeadCorpse
October 6, 2006, 02:57 PM
For those looking for a Historical re-enactment, they'll hate it.

For those looking for Miller's Graphic Novel brought to life, it couldn't be any more beautiful.

steveracer
October 6, 2006, 03:05 PM
You took the words right out of my mouth. I love Frank Miller's work, and will see it solely based on that. I would see pretty much anything he put out.

Rev. DeadCorpse
October 6, 2006, 03:26 PM
I would see pretty much anything he put out.

Not many realize how much Frank's been involved in. The guy is an artist.

Too bad Alan Moore's stuff got hijacked by the Wachoski Bros... Hopefully they won't lib-**** The Watchmen should they get around to producing it.

psyopspec
October 6, 2006, 03:41 PM
I'll be there. Looks interesting.

Thefabulousfink
October 6, 2006, 03:46 PM
I am still hoping Gates of Fire will be made into a movie. It was a much better telling of story than 300.

P.S. I'll still probably see it, I like most of Frank Miller's work, I just feel that Steven Presfield tells the story better.

EvisceratorSrB
October 6, 2006, 04:04 PM
And the guns are....where? :confused:

wingnutx
October 6, 2006, 04:07 PM
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ = on topic :D

longwatch
October 6, 2006, 04:09 PM
Don't you want to see where the term comes from?
Wingnutx beat me to it.

mindwip
October 6, 2006, 04:12 PM
Nice trailer, i love the camra work and the play with light, Frank Miller is great at makeing images speak more then a 1,000 words.

PS i hear there working on Gates of Fire too, i bet its out in a year or two, This off of Gregs review
Click me (http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hp&cf=prev&id=1808404115)

There is no production start date for this project yet. With Michael Mann committed to directing Collateral for a 2004 release, it's likely not going to happen any sooner than 2005 or so.

wingnutx
October 6, 2006, 04:20 PM
The visuals in the trailer are fantastic.

NRO had this letter sent to them today:

Dear Jonah,

I saw 300 earlier this year, before all the effects and music was in place. The imagery is straight from the comic, but the acting of the leads is superb (if you can get past physical specimens that look like the front cover to "The Advocate"). It is a fairly unsubtle, and propagandistic rebuke to the middle east and their assault on wester culture. It's an allegory to what may come soon, and how we need belligerance and courage to face up to those that wish to preserve our way of life. A few scenes with a high creep factor, but a very strong and tightly directed film. Look forward to watching it again when it is done. It's not for everyone, and I expect VDH to be less than thrilled with how fast and loose it plays with some of the History, as it's sort of a Shakespearan treatment of history. But it is very entertaining.

[Namewithheld]

VDH = Victor Davis Handson

BamBam-31
October 7, 2006, 05:40 AM
I'll be in line for this one. Hollywood's got me all figured out.... :p

Black Majik
October 7, 2006, 05:42 AM
Looks pretty interesting...

bouis
October 7, 2006, 05:57 AM
It looks like a crappy comic book.

mindwip
October 7, 2006, 06:21 PM
No it looks like a well done comic book,:D

Fosbery
October 7, 2006, 06:45 PM
It's one of the best graphic novels ever IMO and I'm eagerly awaiting this movie.

GoRon
October 7, 2006, 07:27 PM
Looks interesting, I'll watch it.

Imagine my surprise when I see that a buddy of mine from years ago did the music for the movie.

Hawk
October 7, 2006, 08:11 PM
Nice choice: either get a myspace account or install a player I'd rather not have on the machine.

Guess I'll wait for the DVD.

If you enjoyed reading about "300 Trailer is out!!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!