Detail Disassembly Winchester M12..I'm stuck

PDA

Audie
October 6, 2006, 09:31 PM
Got the butt stock off easy enough, but I am having a heck of a time getting the forend nut off.

I have the wrench from Brownells in a vice. Any help????

doing well up to here...see pic.

TIA

If you enjoyed reading about "Detail Disassembly Winchester M12..I'm stuck" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
gezzer
October 7, 2006, 12:25 AM
WOW lots of tupperwear!!!

You will need to soak the nut with Kroil to get it to loosen, or Some idiot in the past put locktite on it. After the soak in Kroil and it still won't budge you are going to need heat. Use a propane torch up thru the metal liner and try not to scorth the wood. The can be a bugger.

Audie
October 7, 2006, 06:02 PM
I didn't even think about loctite...thanks for the tip...it worked...I soaked it for about 4 hours with penetrent, and it came undone without heat.

Just, don't tell my wife about the tupperware...she is always wondering where it all goes. :rolleyes:

Audie
October 7, 2006, 06:05 PM
the M12 sure has lots of little springs and parts. I have decided not to take the bolt apart....any advice how to get it clean? I was thinking about soaking it overnight in hoppes.

thanks for the tips.

ATAShooter
October 7, 2006, 07:53 PM
Use Break-Free Powder Blast OR Birchwood Casey Gun scrubber.Work the Fring pin back and forth as you spray, Make sure the firing pin stop lever on the top of the bolt moves freely. That will clean it out well enough. I shoot a M12 in trap, so trust me this works. P.S. The break free has a citrus scent and don't stink up the house like the gun scrubber, both work equally well and are avail at Wally world.

Audie
October 7, 2006, 08:12 PM
I have some shooters choice degreaser on hand...that should be similar to the powder blast...after I do that, just hose it down with FP-10 or Break Free right?

the bolt has too many staked parts for my patience level I am afraid. thanks for the tips...much appreciated.

If you enjoyed reading about "Detail Disassembly Winchester M12..I'm stuck" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!