youth lever action Al

PDA

tcrocker
October 6, 2006, 10:02 PM
I am trying to find an youth lever action in somthing that my 9 year old gril could shoot. I was thinking of somthing in 44mag. Does eny body know of a maker for such an gun?

If you enjoyed reading about "youth lever action Al" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
MatthewVanitas
October 6, 2006, 10:19 PM
Puma, EMF, and Rossi make variants of the same rifle (Winchester 92 copy) in .357 and .44, in various barrel lengths.

Winchester and Marlin also made .44 and .357 lever-rifles.

All of the above are in the $300-500 range last I checked, Win might have gone up.

Is she already experienced with .22 caliber rifles?

-MV

NailGun
October 6, 2006, 10:21 PM
Marlin makes a fine one. http://www.marlinfirearms.com/Firearms/1894Centerfire/1894.aspx

I have a Marlin in .357 Mag. It is one of my most favorite guns. Even with Max. loads, the recoil is very light. Regards, NailGun

tcrocker
October 6, 2006, 10:26 PM
She shoots an CZ 22 very good. hit the bulls eye at 25 yrd all day.

MatthewVanitas
October 6, 2006, 10:56 PM
Glad to hear she's good on the .22LR

Maybe call your local stores and see if they have any Win92 copies. The Pumas seem to go for low $300s online.

I'd favor those over the Marlin or Winchester 94, as the Win92 (and copies) are specifically designed for revolver-length cartridges, rather than being re-worked 30-30 rifles.

-MV

If you enjoyed reading about "youth lever action Al" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!