I might start firing rifles more.

PDA

Target Shooter
May 14, 2003, 11:26 PM
A shooting buddy of mine talked me Into taking my Ruger M77/22
Hornet out to the range yesterday. I have owned it since 1999 and It has only been out once before yesterday. I have to say that I really enjoyed firing it out at a 100 yards. That rifle amazed me, It is the all weather model with the Teflon finish in a brown laminate stock. I cut several nickle sized five shot groups with it. Up uintill now I have been a pistol shooter. But that might be changing. Btw it has a Bushnell Trophy 3-9 X 40 on it.

If you enjoyed reading about "I might start firing rifles more." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
cratz2
May 15, 2003, 02:43 AM
Anything that goes bang is fun in my book. And I really like Ruger bolt guns.

Welcome to The High Road, by the way. :)

Art Eatman
May 15, 2003, 08:16 AM
:)

Now you're ready to start calling to ol' Wiley Coyote, for him to come in and hold conversation...

Art

Chipperman
May 15, 2003, 01:31 PM
Now you need a rifle that's cheaper to shoot than a Hornet. Those little rounds cost a lot for their size. :cuss:

Target Shooter
May 15, 2003, 01:56 PM
Thanks for the replies. I don't know why but in my 18 years of being involved in the shooting sports I have always owned rifles but hardly ever fired them. A rifle to me was just a tool for hunting and not something for just target shooting. But that is changing.

If you enjoyed reading about "I might start firing rifles more." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!