She wanted me to come back to her house to see her...

PDA

Black92LX
October 7, 2006, 12:04 AM
Took this girl out tonight. well she is one of the noisy ones and pops open the glove box on the way back to my place after dinner. Of course that's where the Glock resides. Well she starts digging in her purse and says hey look at this and whips out her CCW permit.
She then says hey want to go to my house and see what I have. I say sure so we head over there and she pulls out her Smith & Wesson Airlight .38.

Never had that happen before but it was defiantly sweet.

If you enjoyed reading about "She wanted me to come back to her house to see her..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
mnrivrat
October 7, 2006, 12:07 AM
Alright ! Now take a cold shower and call her in the morning ! :p

Robob4
October 7, 2006, 12:21 AM
Excellent. It's so nice to get over the "ick-guns" factor early in a relationship. Someone said that young people are less likely to be gun-friendly. Probably doubly so for younger women.

statelineblues
October 7, 2006, 12:32 AM
Target shooting at the local range = good second date! :)

louisdove
October 7, 2006, 12:35 AM
My girlfriend would dump me if i had a glock in the glovebox....

shes an XD girl....

Zundfolge
October 7, 2006, 12:37 AM
She then says hey want to go to my house and see what I have.

;)

blackhawk2000
October 7, 2006, 12:40 AM
Marry this one.

BIGDADDYLONGSTROKE
October 7, 2006, 01:20 AM
I think I should have to agree with BlackHawk2000. Indefinatley.:D

cbsbyte
October 7, 2006, 01:22 AM
And to think that my girlfriend wont even touch a gun. Well its all upbringing, and mental.

AJAX22
October 7, 2006, 01:40 AM
My girl asked me how to load my .32 rimfire revolver (it fits her little hands) today, I didn't get one that was gunbroken yet but I'm workin on it.

congrats on the find. keep her.

Silver Bullet
October 7, 2006, 01:46 AM
I say sure so we head over there and she pulls out her Smith & Wesson Airlight .38.
Cool euphemism. ;)

KD5NRH
October 7, 2006, 03:18 AM
Careful, mine keeps hogging the 1911 when we go to the range. I got her a .22 as a birthday/engagement present, and she still wants to play with the Colt every time we're shooting.

Oh well, three more weeks until the wedding, and they'll all be half hers anyway. (and the .22 will be half mine, too :D )

panzermk2
October 7, 2006, 03:40 AM
thats a keeper Boss

MTMilitiaman
October 7, 2006, 03:45 AM
Yeah I met a girl named Mandy one semester in college. My roomate introduced us by telling her I was the one that was into guns. She shook my hand then instantly asked if I wanted to see her Kimber .45. I was like "You show me yours and I'll show you mine." We clicked from the first moment we met. Went to a couple movies, nothing serious. She had to move to Oregon at the end of the semester, and I had to move back home to work for the summer. Never saw her after that. Always regretted it. Still wonder what it might have turned in to.

Hang on to that one!

mike101
October 7, 2006, 08:07 AM
If you don't want to marry her, I know this nice guy in South Jersey..........................:D

Ian Sean
October 7, 2006, 08:26 AM
Such a beautiful story...I'm getting all misty eyed.....:)

As was mentioned...she's a keeper!

BigFatKen
October 7, 2006, 08:36 AM
My wife said my last year's Life Membership in the NRA was her best present.

She picked out this crap youth Rossi 20 ga /.243 combo; two barrels, one frame so I bought her this Ruger compact M77 with scope. She loved it.

Chipperman
October 7, 2006, 08:51 AM
'Scuse me while I whip this out! <Cleavon Little>

Slinger
October 7, 2006, 09:21 AM
Her gun was in her purse, yours was in your glovebox!

Sounds like she was ready for anything at any time!

Gives new meaning to the age old question...did you bring protection?
Sounds like she did!!;)

GlockNation
October 7, 2006, 09:23 AM
Marry her on the floor of the Smith & Wesson factory.

Ben Shepherd
October 7, 2006, 09:28 AM
A word of caution:

Make sure the other areas of life are compatible!!! Such as:

Kids? Financial requirements, religion, other hobbies, friends, etc., BEFORE you just open right up with the arsenal.

If everything else works out GOOD FOR YOU!!!

Assuming this is the case:

You will soon find out that "we" have guns, and "she" has guns, but "you" don't have any guns.:D

My wife wanted to do the "shotgun wedding" thing that the local cabelas(where she works) was doing as a publicity stunt.

Black92LX
October 7, 2006, 09:41 AM
A word of caution:

Make sure the other areas of life are compatible!!! Such as:

Kids? Financial requirements, religion, other hobbies, friends, etc., BEFORE you just open right up with the arsenal.

whoa fella this was just our first time going out. Sure she pulled out the CCW and S&W. Never had that experience before but not willing to drop all the others for her just yet.

My girlfriend would dump me if i had a glock in the glovebox....

shes an XD girl....
Yeah I am not happy about it either but department policy.

Abby
October 7, 2006, 10:48 AM
Somewhere out there, this girl is chatting it up with her girlfriends.

Your girl: "I went out with this guy last night, and he had a GLOCK, but it was in his GLOVEBOX. I mean, I dunno - he's CUTE, but a GLOCK? In the GLOVEBOX?"

Her girlfriend: "The glovebox? Ick - so like, if YOU hadn't brought a gun, he was just going to like, LET SOMEBODY KILL YOU?"

Your girl: "I know, but I LIKE him!"

Girlfriend: "Didn't you go out with some 1911 guy a couple weeks ago? 1911s are WAY sexier than Glocks."

Your girl: "Yeah, but he was short and he had bad breath. I think I'll call this one again."

:D

Careful - while you're still awestruck, she could be making a list of your firearms and figuring out which ones she intends to "adopt" if the realtionship takes off.

:D

Ben Shepherd
October 7, 2006, 10:56 AM
I gathered that this was your first date.

I'm just saying that very few girls that I dated ever knew how many or what I had firearm wise.

I'm just cautioning you that while there is no reason to hide the fact you're into guns, there is this little thing that the fewer that know the better your odds are.

Not trying to dampen your enthusiasm or be your dad. Just don't want something VERY bad to befall you.

xoxo
October 7, 2006, 11:01 AM
I opened the door and there stood a blonde twirling a pair of 38's and holding guns in her hands......:)

BryanP
October 7, 2006, 11:05 AM
So on the first date you played "I'll show you mine if you show me yours?"

Naughty naughty. :neener:

wuchak
October 7, 2006, 11:17 AM
Some advice I didn't see until it was too late. If your dating a girl who is not interested in firearms and it's getting serious, before you open your safe and show her what's inside borrow enough guns from your buddies to fill it to over capacity. In her mind they will be "all those guns" and she'll never notice when new ones are added. If you open it and show her the three guns you really own sitting there it will lead to questions about obvious additions later.

Socrates
October 7, 2006, 11:30 AM
The Mickey Spillane quote is priceless!!! I may have to make that my sig.:D

Now, apparently normal girls can fool you for up to 5 years. If you show them you have guns, you might loose the right to bear arms, thanks to a TRO they may file.

Sorry...

S

rangerruck
October 7, 2006, 11:38 AM
"My girlfriend would dump me if i had a glock in the glovebox...."

Well, come on, I mean, who really wants a Glock in their glovebox? i could see
cz, browning, kimber...

Black92LX
October 7, 2006, 11:42 AM
Somewhere out there, this girl is chatting it up with her girlfriends.

Your girl: "I went out with this guy last night, and he had a GLOCK, but it was in his GLOVEBOX. I mean, I dunno - he's CUTE, but a GLOCK? In the GLOVEBOX?"

Her girlfriend: "The glovebox? Ick - so like, if YOU hadn't brought a gun, he was just going to like, LET SOMEBODY KILL YOU?"

Your girl: "I know, but I LIKE him!"

Girlfriend: "Didn't you go out with some 1911 guy a couple weeks ago? 1911s are WAY sexier than Glocks."

Your girl: "Yeah, but he was short and he had bad breath. I think I'll call this one again."

Careful - while you're still awestruck, she could be making a list of your firearms and figuring out which ones she intends to "adopt" if the realtionship takes off.

Unfortunatly department policy regulates what and how I carry. We are issued a 22 which is just too large for me to carry in nonwinter clothing. Hoping to pick up a 23 for off duty here shortly but unfortunatly the finances just won't allow it at the current time.

I'm just cautioning you that while there is no reason to hide the fact you're into guns, there is this little thing that the fewer that know the better your odds are.

Not trying to dampen your enthusiasm or be your dad. Just don't want something VERY bad to befall you.
Understand where you are coming from. She doesn't know I have anything other than my duty weapon (the glock).

marklbucla
October 7, 2006, 11:51 AM
We need to see a pic of her for proof that this really happened.

MillCreek
October 7, 2006, 12:21 PM
Wow, someone on the first date opens up the glovebox and starts rooting around? I would never do that. I don't even open up my wife's glovebox!

zoom6zoom
October 7, 2006, 02:39 PM
"I went out with this guy last night, and he had a GLOCK, but it was in his GLOVEBOX.

Yeah - but it sounds like hers was at home! She had her permit in her purse. What was she planning to do, give a BG papercuts? It's only a carry if it's being carried, dagnabbit!

the pistolero
October 7, 2006, 07:00 PM

Who is this girlfriend, and is there any way she and I can be introduced to each other?
:D :D :D

CraigJS
October 7, 2006, 07:59 PM
If you have to break up with this girl, be VERY gentle.:)

espanola
October 7, 2006, 08:20 PM
I have 21 and 19 year old daughters (keep the comments to yourself, fellas) and they both shoot, (and LIKE it!) and the oldest has a CCW. I asked her about this today, and she told me she wouldn't reveal that she carried to a guy on their first date, even if she found him with a gun. She said, "How do I know why he has it?" Maybe I made 'em too paranoid...but, as an overprotective dad, I liked her answer!

LkWinnipesaukee
October 7, 2006, 09:37 PM
Shes probably a THR member!!!!

"Wow this weirdo's talking about me online... creepy.. time to change my phone number":neener: :neener:

george29
October 7, 2006, 09:48 PM
You sure her name ain't Bonnie Parker?

BigFatKen
October 7, 2006, 11:21 PM
You sure her name ain't Bonnie Parker?
I plays partner Spades with a guy named CW Moss.

Don't know if there's a conection.

kd7nqb
October 7, 2006, 11:47 PM
Ok we all agree that she is a keeper BUT why was the .38 not in her purse. Doesn't do her much good at home does it. Either way far closer than I am. The last girl I dated was from Alaska, her father CCW'd everyday and her mom was a former IPSC competitor and she STILL had a high ick factor and would not go to the range with me. Well thats the type we have down here in portland.

Wesker
October 8, 2006, 12:56 AM
Hey, did you show her your back up piece? :evil:

Huddog
October 8, 2006, 01:02 AM
No response. Been married to long to remember first dates.

Hardware
October 8, 2006, 08:22 AM
Oh well, three more weeks until the wedding, and they'll all be half hers anyway...

Oh my, this is a man in for a rude awakening.

strambo
October 8, 2006, 10:28 AM
Never had that experience before but not willing to drop all the others for her just yet.
Emphasis mine, That's what I'm talkin' bout!;)

berettaman
October 8, 2006, 11:16 AM
So you didn't stay and work up a few reloads? :what:

Sindawe
October 8, 2006, 12:10 PM
Wow, someone on the first date opens up the glovebox and starts rooting around? I would never do that. I don't even open up my wife's glovebox!I'm with Millcreek. Call me a paranoid nutcase, but thats a deal killer right there. If she'll go riffle around in your glove box on the first date, no telling what kind of poking and prying she'll get into later if you continue dating.

tellner
October 8, 2006, 01:26 PM
I married a girl who wasn't interested in guns. She got used to them and eventually got one of her own.

silverlance
October 8, 2006, 01:29 PM
poking and prying... sounds personal, but interesting.. :p

Black92LX
October 8, 2006, 03:17 PM
Quote:
Never had that experience before but not willing to drop all the others for her just yet.
Emphasis mine, That's what I'm talkin' bout!

I am only 23 my friend no need to starting limiting the possibilities just yet.

Harley Quinn
October 8, 2006, 04:15 PM
So why did she go into your glove box? Big concern!

But if you are a LEO and she knew it then maybe she was curious or, it happened this way, she showed you hers and you showed her yours. :what:

And in your rememberance it got backwards.:uhoh: Not on purpose, but maybe?

HQ:)

Black92LX
October 9, 2006, 02:09 AM
So why did she go into your glove box? Big concern!

doesn't really bother me i open peoples glove boxes all the time. as a passenger it's just right there. something to mess with.

Henry Bowman
October 9, 2006, 10:03 AM
So, Black92LX, haven't seen you around THR in a while. Glad to see the adventures keep on comin' your way, even down in bluegrass country. ;)

High_Cap
October 9, 2006, 10:19 AM
People I must get this out.

First date with new girl. Went out to the coffee shop got to talking and guess what, she was against the conceal and carry law. She said it was pointless and no one needs guns.

Such a surprise to her is that I handed my permit told her I had a gun on my right hip.

Needless to say the date ended. Luckily I didn't have to pay for her coffee.:evil:

Raging liberal, humanitian, Vegan, tree-hugging people and me don't get along.

Black92LX
October 9, 2006, 10:49 AM
So, Black92LX, haven't seen you around THR in a while. Glad to see the adventures keep on comin' your way, even down in bluegrass country.

I float around do more reading than posting

Things are going well down here. That little girl you gave my phone number to hasn't called yet so I guess she is doing alright.
Along those lines had to go rescue some girl that her aunt had given her my phone number, she'd lost her keys, so she needed a ride and someone to climb in her window so she could get in the house or so that was the story i was given.;)

Yes the adventures continue

OEF_VET
October 9, 2006, 11:06 AM
I had a first date last Wednesday. She already knew I was a firearms safety instructor, so that part was out of the way.

During the course of the date, we got on the subject of guns (turns out that both of her parents are in law enforcement), and she mentioned that she needs to get a new gun for the house. Apparently she had one, but sold it. Oh, and she also thinks Glocks are ugly as sin.

(Had a second date last night. That one went pretty well, too. There'll be a range trip soon. I think I'll introduce her to the joys of full-auto and suppressed weapons.)

Dirk Pitt
October 9, 2006, 12:52 PM
You are missing the real point, forget guns, politics, religion, kids, all that stuff

IS SHE HOT?? :evil:

Black92LX
October 9, 2006, 01:07 PM
:evil:

tellner
October 9, 2006, 01:13 PM
Cue Mae West:

"What sort of gun do you have, Tex?"
"A .357 with a six inch barrel, ma'am!"
"Forget about the .357 and tell me more about the six inches."

FourTeeFive
October 9, 2006, 01:20 PM
My experience has been that most women are pretty open about guns. I've dated only one woman who owned a gun, and quite a few of them who don't own guns but are interested. And that includes some fairly young ones (women, not guns). I would also add that these were all "liberals" so I'm not so convinced that it is as political of an issue in terms of the majority of the population. Women realize that guns give them the ability to fight back, and I think that learning to use the gun is an empowering experience for any woman.

My first wife was fairly anti-gun when I met her and she now owns a very nice S&W .357. Her first introduction to shooting was going with me to a one-day LFI combat shooting class. She did very well but was insulted when the instructor suggested she cut her nails to get a better grip. I suggested to him that he shouldn't tell a woman that while she is holding a gun. ;)

Curly
October 9, 2006, 01:39 PM
""My first wife was fairly anti-gun when I met her and she now owns a very nice S&W .357.""

The .357 used to be yours, eh, FourTeeFive? :confused:

xd9fan
October 9, 2006, 01:46 PM
Marry this one.
run dont walk:evil:

entropy
October 9, 2006, 05:55 PM
I'm picturing the scene in "Police Academy "when Tackleberry gets Kim Catrall's character in bed and they start disarming themselves.....:p

BOOM! "OH, Tackleberry!":evil:

Turkey Creek
October 9, 2006, 06:50 PM
This one has potential- Deserves at least a second date

SoCalShooter
October 9, 2006, 06:55 PM
Ok. I have sooooo much I could say right now but its totally not appropriate for this place. But dont lose this womans number.

nelson133
October 9, 2006, 06:56 PM
A couple of years ago, I gave a dietician from work a ride to go pick up her car from the dealer. She asked me what I had in my glove compartment and I told her that she probably didn't want to know. Of course she had to look, and found 2 pistols. She immediately shut it back up and sat there very stiffly for about 5 minutes. Then, in a small voice, she asked me if they would blow up if we had an accident.

SoCalShooter
October 9, 2006, 06:59 PM
nelson133 you should have told her jokinly that yes they would explode and kill everyone in a 5 mile radius. *sighs* what did you tell her anyways?

If you enjoyed reading about "She wanted me to come back to her house to see her..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!