Franken-Nagant

PDA

Third_Rail
October 7, 2006, 01:29 PM
A bit of history on this poor rifle - the barrel and stock were chopped before I got it, and it was left out on a deerstand for a year or so, whereupon a gent found it and sold it to me as is.

I cleaned up the rust, re-blued it, worked over the wood as best I could, etc. The rifle is rather... sad-looking.

Does anyone have a lead for a decent (or even not so great) stock? It's a round receiver rifle, since that matters too. The cheapest I've seen the wood stocks so far is $40 or so, plus S&H, which is more than I paid for the rifle!

Any leads would be greatly appreciated.

If you enjoyed reading about "Franken-Nagant" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
DeftwillP
October 7, 2006, 02:50 PM
That will probably be the cheapest unless you find somebody selling a beat up stock on ebay. In that case, you may be replacing bad with badder:D

So where are the pics?

Jackal
October 7, 2006, 04:06 PM
I have seen very nice stocks on EBAY for about $20.00.

Third_Rail
October 7, 2006, 04:49 PM
Off to eBay I go!

mp510
October 7, 2006, 10:48 PM
Tom-
Check out Reich Trade, if you don't see any on eBay. He carries a lot of parts and accy's and usually has fair pricing.
http://www.gunboards.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=16816
You'll pay about $30-$40.
RICK R. REICH
POST OFFICE BOX 35877
LAS VEGAS, NEVADA 89133-5877
ReichTrade@aol.com

dfaugh
October 8, 2006, 09:42 AM
Let us see it when you get it done....We can compare it to 2 of mine:

FrankenMauser #1
FrankenMauser #2 (nearing completion)

:) :) :)

If you enjoyed reading about "Franken-Nagant" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!