LA gun rentals for visitor ?

PDA

Nick
October 7, 2006, 07:33 PM
Been lurking too long, time for another question - anybody care to give me the lowdown on gun rentals in the Los Angeles vicinity ? I know it isn't exactly the most gun-friendly location, but I'll elaborate...

Me and a friend will be visiting LA somewhere next March. He's a writer (rather well-known around here) and wants to do some research on the city. He's not adverse to guns and has on more than one occasion mentioned his interest. Sadly, I cannot take him to the range here - in Belgium, you need to be a member and request a certificate of good behaviour from the police dept. only to be allowed to set foot on the range. The moment you want to hold a gun (and I do mean "handle", not even shoot or own), you already need a provisionary license which requires an police interview and written examination.

In all, lots of hassle, so I thought it might be a good idea to just take him out to a range that does rentals while we're here. I'm an experienced shooter myself but I'd prefer a qualified instructor to take care of him :), so a friendly place that can provide guidance or an introductory course would be perfect.

Thanks in advance for all useful info, and stay safe !

If you enjoyed reading about "LA gun rentals for visitor ?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
CountGlockula
October 7, 2006, 07:38 PM
Hello my friend, LA here.

What part of Los Angeles will you be visiting? I just visited the LAX firing range, bad neighborhood but they carry a wide range of handguns. Also they allow shotgun shooting in there. The Range Officers were very supportive.

I was there two weeks ago, as a first timer, I had to fill out the safety waiver, donated my CA I.D. and off to shooting I go. Again the best part about that particular range is the huge selections of guns you can rent out. Prices vary on caliber.

I also go to one in Burbank. I hope I answered your interest.

MatthewVanitas
October 7, 2006, 07:43 PM
If you're drifting south at all during his trip, Iron Sights down in Oceanside is a very clean, professional facility, with good prices, wide rental variety, etc.

http://www.iron-sights.com/

Plus, there's some great beach on Oceanside, good Hawaiian and Cuban restaurants, etc.

-MV

If you enjoyed reading about "LA gun rentals for visitor ?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!