Does Anyone Concealed Carry Anything Abnormal?

PDA

zero_chances
October 7, 2006, 11:38 PM
As the title states, does anyone one on here cc any weapon that is out of the norm? Luger? P38? That SuperShorty Shotgun I just saw in a thread?

If you enjoyed reading about "Does Anyone Concealed Carry Anything Abnormal?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Glockfan.45
October 7, 2006, 11:40 PM
I read on here a while back ago some guy carried a full auto MP5K :what: . He claimed it was his under the coat winter gun :scrutiny: . I dont think I believe him.

Josh Aston
October 7, 2006, 11:52 PM
Just a colostomy bag.

Oh you meant abnormal guns, no, mine are pretty normal.

Cowgunner
October 7, 2006, 11:54 PM
sometimes a Ruger Blackhawk, but that's not uncommen around here.

CB900F
October 8, 2006, 12:28 AM
Zero;

Once upon a time, when I was in Minnesota up around Brainerd, I was told that Paul Bunyun carried the Lahti 20mm anti-tank concealed, but I never saw it.:rolleyes:

900F

gbran
October 8, 2006, 12:39 AM
I have a .454 SRH on my ccw permit. I can list 3 handguns. I don't actually carry it concealed, but do keep it in my vehicle, which requires a permit.

lwrnc1963
October 8, 2006, 12:58 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v712/lwrnc1963/DSC00449.jpgI usually carry a 1911A1 or a S&W mod.10 but occaisonally I will carry my Webley MK II loaded with some 45 autorim cartridges. I also have a S&W model 1917 that some previous owner had trimmed the barrel back to 3 1/4" that I'll carry in a high riding Galco holster

Gun Wielding Maniac
October 8, 2006, 12:59 AM
I'm considering concealed carrying my M92 krink (7.62x39mm) later this winter, just to see if I can without anyone noticing. If I put the sling around my neck and let it dangle under my armpit... I just might be able to pull it off. I'd have to use one of the 20 round magazines that dont stick out quite so much though...

Third_Rail
October 8, 2006, 01:18 AM
Mossberg 500A, pistol grip and 18.25" bbl. 5+1 2 3/4 shells. Fits nicely under my arm with a simple sling. Clyde Barrow style, I suppose.

Rather amusing that nobody noticed, and yes I was legal concealing it. Private property, permission of the landowner, etc. :)

Other oddities - blackpowder revolvers. NAA mini, 1863 pocket revolver, 1862 "Wells-Fargo" model, etc.

'Card
October 8, 2006, 01:22 AM
Does Anyone Concealed Carry Anything Abnormal?
You mean other than the bottle of maple syrup and the hand-carved mahogany Alex Trebek action figure?

No, I guess everything else is pretty normal.

Erinyes
October 8, 2006, 01:29 AM
*Raises hand*

Post-war P38.

Huddog
October 8, 2006, 01:38 AM
Nothing out of the ordinary. Had a fellow LEO back in the 80's carried a luger. No idea why.

stillstanding
October 8, 2006, 02:20 AM
I carry a Ruger 345 on the left side belt, a S&W 19-3 on the right, a North American Arms 22 mag in my pocket and an 8" Cold Steel dbl edge sometimes on my belt. On Sundays I usher at our church and leave the 19 and the blade at home but I carry extra mags for the .45. I guess the only abnormal thing is probably how much I carry.

denfoote
October 8, 2006, 02:26 AM
A Walther P5 is somewhat rare, but I hardly think it would be considered abnormal!!!

NailGun
October 8, 2006, 02:32 AM
I usually carry a huge grudge, but it is very difficult to conceal.

Zeke Menuar
October 8, 2006, 02:41 AM
A carry a CZ-83 sometimes. Kinda rare and kinda unique (read ugly).

ZM

Axman
October 8, 2006, 02:57 AM
Sometomes I like to carry a watermelon in my shirt pocket!

But seriously, I used to have a "pepper shaker" style Derrenger, that was a bit different.

Stainless Chili
October 8, 2006, 08:08 AM
Lately, the preferred defensive tool has been a
10 oz. spray can of Lysol and a butane lighter.

Effective range, twelve feet. "You light up my life ..."

http://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/flamethrower-intro.jpg

dfaugh
October 8, 2006, 08:45 AM
Mossberg 500A, pistol grip and 18.25" bbl. 5+1 2 3/4 shells. Fits nicely under my arm with a simple sling. Clyde Barrow style, I suppose.

Mossberg 500A, pistol grip and 20" bbl. 7+1 2 3/4 shells. Fits nicely under my left arm with a simple sling, and a long coat. But I didn't ever really carry it like that, just rigged it up to see how "concealable" it really was. And it was quite concealead, even when moving around, as you could hold on to it through left coat pocket (unless you had to sit down!) and you could reach in and "draw" it just like a pistol. Guess I've been watching too many movies:p

Iggy
October 8, 2006, 09:17 AM
Here ya go!!:what: http://www.andrewsleather.com/firepower.jpg

Andrews Firepower rig.

No I don't carry one!!:rolleyes:

dragongoddess
October 8, 2006, 09:31 AM
looking forward to carying a Mauser Broomhandle

Keith Wheeler
October 8, 2006, 12:49 PM
In Arkansas a "handgun" (for the puroses of concealed carry) is defined as any non-fully automatic firearm having a barrel length of less than 12 inches that was designed or modified to be fired with a single hand.

Not saying what I do or don't carry, but it sure opens up some ineresting possibilities, particularly if combine SBR with "the stock folded means it was modified to be fired with a single hand".

tellner
October 8, 2006, 02:27 PM
Josh, Way Too Much Information.

For a while when my regular carry gun was getting some work I carried a .45LC Schofeld.

Old Dog
October 8, 2006, 03:19 PM
Although I pack in a conventional manner, I am acquainted with a fellow officer who one day (apparently suffering from a strange fit of curiosity) decided to carry a TC Contender (in .308, if I recall correctly) in a chest rig under a light jacket while visiting a local retail store. Of course, he apparently printed just a tad bit, and an alarmed shopper hastily notified the local gendarmerie ... In retrospect, it all seems mildly amusing ... Never did find out if he suffered any repercussions at work over that ...

carterbeauford
October 8, 2006, 03:25 PM
http://www.andrewsleather.com/firepower.jpg

Took me a second to realize those were shotgun shells under the Glock! Good God what does that thing shoot? :neener:

MountainPeak
October 8, 2006, 05:16 PM
Yes, but I normally don't brag about it.:D

jjohnson
October 8, 2006, 08:15 PM
Um, I didn't think that was "abnormal" but I guess it's in the eye of the beholder.:eek: I carry one.

I don't consider a CZ52 or P38 abnormal either :scrutiny: (carry those, too) but if I had one, I'd be carrying an advanced particle beam weapon instead... no need for a silencer, and seems to me they could figure out how to get the beam into an invisible part of the light spectrum so you wouldn't have flash either....:what:

f4t9r
October 8, 2006, 11:28 PM
not me but a buddy carries a 50 cal Desert Eagle in a shoulder holster

ctdonath
October 9, 2006, 07:29 PM
Need that shoulder rig available for the Serbu Super Shorty.
Who makes the rig?

Brother in Arms
October 9, 2006, 07:38 PM
I geuss the Makarov isnt too odd. Thats what carry. I have a freind who carries a Arkansas toothpick.

Brother in Arms

wingnutx
October 9, 2006, 07:45 PM
No, I'm just happy to see everybody :D

AirForceShooter
October 9, 2006, 08:52 PM
When I was young and trying to look cool I carried a Luger.
Worked out pretty well.

AFS

orionengnr
October 9, 2006, 08:59 PM
2" Scandium 6-shot 45 acp N-Frame.

Only once or twice, but might do it again :)

Because I can...

gunsmith
October 9, 2006, 10:00 PM
I will carry chucks

redneckdan
October 9, 2006, 10:02 PM
i some times carrry my smith 19-4 6" in a milt sparks SSII. I saw the holster on ebay and bought it cheap just for the heck of it. No, I can't sit down with it holsterd.

River Wraith
October 9, 2006, 10:10 PM
A mongoose. It's hell to conceal, especially in my pants.

Greenbeanie67
October 10, 2006, 01:23 AM
I carry a Glock 20 in a Galco Miami Classic II shoulder rig. As I gain more
seniorty on Earth it is easier on my back and hips.

wingnutx
October 10, 2006, 01:27 AM
I used to carry a small ball-peen hammer in my levi-jacket inside pocket.

If you enjoyed reading about "Does Anyone Concealed Carry Anything Abnormal?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!