Has TFL/THR influenced your daily vocabulary?

PDA

twoblink
May 15, 2003, 05:35 AM
Now instead of the "F" word, I use the other "F" word, "Feinstein" when I want to :cuss:

My standard "A" word has been replaced with "Affleck".

My word for "Big, and Grotesque" has been replaced with "Rosie".

Just wondering if that has happened to others..

If you enjoyed reading about "Has TFL/THR influenced your daily vocabulary?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Justin
May 15, 2003, 05:37 AM
Based on what I've read here and on TFL, all it takes to release a torrent of foul language from me is to see or hear the likes of Feinstein or Schumer yammering away on the idiot box.

twoblink
May 15, 2003, 05:50 AM
Yeah, "Schumer" would be a great substitute for the "S" word..

Also.. Michael Moore seems to be working hard to earn a foul language replacement stamp..

sm
May 15, 2003, 06:53 AM
used to mean a source of wool, or the saying 'count sheep to fall asleep. I now automatically think sheeple . When I see that commercial for Serta ... just kinda re-enforces the image in my mind...

___
OK ,this is bugging me, what is " the rule of 96" ? I've seen it here and on TFL, is this something new, or did I fall asleep in class the day it was discussed?

H Romberg
May 15, 2003, 07:20 AM
So if we string them together as in"You Moore Feinsteining Shumerhead!" will the obscenity filter cut it out? :D

Outlander
May 15, 2003, 09:25 AM
Nope ... after 33 years on construction sites, nothing could change my language.
I just keep a check on it according to who I'm with or where I'm at ... and it ain't easy!!!

buzz_knox
May 15, 2003, 10:01 AM
Well, when someone irritates me, I have a tendency to say I'd like to Mozambique their butt. Does that count?

Smoke
May 15, 2003, 10:07 AM
Well ..... YES!

Gun Dork
Skunk, skunkier, skunkiest
Mall Ninja
Riot Nerd
Carbonfibrousity
tacticality
To Tejon, verb, to screw something simple up, e.g. "I Tejoned my M96 Swede; it now cocks on opening." or see "I Tejoned that last drill by dumping my magazine somehow before I landed behind cover."

There are others I just can't rememeber them all.

Bowlcut
May 15, 2003, 10:32 AM
tatical what? and skunk huh? But the most used is mall ninja

Monte Harrison
May 15, 2003, 11:54 AM
I now have the word "blissninny" in my vocabulary, as well as ND (negligent discharge) in place of AD (accidental discharge).

BerettaNut92
May 15, 2003, 12:18 PM
I pick up some idioms, my favorite is one I got from Berettaforum: "He's got more issues than Life magazine...."

TechBrute
May 15, 2003, 06:31 PM
Mall Ninja, Carbonfiberosity, and Tacticality to name a few. I might start using "rosie" to define highly undesireable things, now that you mention it.

SquirrelNuts
May 15, 2003, 09:41 PM
I say "uber tactical", or refer to anything that is black as "tactical." For example...

Salesman: "What color car are you looking for?"
Me: "Tactical"

My friend and I often say that Skunkabilly would like something.

-SquirrelNuts

twoblink
May 16, 2003, 12:02 AM
"You Feinstein you!!"

"Watch it there buddy.. them's fighten' words.."

Mall Ninja is definitely up there, as is uber tactical...

I caught myself saying "CF makes the world go round" once..

Of course, there's the fact that the only English word my gf's friends know is "Tactical"..

But my gf knows "Tactical" and "Logistical" and "Gunkata" :p

SquirrelNuts
May 16, 2003, 12:47 AM
I also find myself saying "mall ninja" too.

-SquirrelNuts

MicroBalrog
May 16, 2003, 06:24 AM
Eh, excuse me here, what the Feinstein is a "Riot Nerd"?:D

winwun
May 16, 2003, 07:05 AM
Parochial language only works when you are with a specific constituency. It does little good to use specific language to those who don't understand it. You usually wind up having to explain it, and generally is an adversarial procedure. Be diplomatic, be nice, and our message is more likely to have an impact on the great unwashed.

twoblink
May 16, 2003, 12:16 PM
Winwun,

Or do as Tamara does, have only gunnie friends..

Actually, I get the chance to explain those words, what they mean etc..

I used the "Feinstein" word once, and my friend asked me about it.. and I got to explain to them how Feinstein and her draconian laws have ruined the PRK..

Coronach
May 16, 2003, 12:26 PM
1. ADs are now NDs. And I was delighted to note that our ordies already referred to them as such.

2. Anything black is tactical.

3. An entire precinct is now familiar with, and uses, the term Mall Ninja.

It helps that we have a particularly obnoxous staff of mall ninjas at one location in our patrol area. They're not Mall Ninjas in the traditional sense, as they carry no weapons or equipment, other than a radio. Its just that they walk around like Secret Service agrents in their suits and earphones, talking into their sleeves.

"6-5 TO CONTROL"

"CONTROL, GO AHEAD"

"WE HAVE A LIQUID SPILL IN FRONT OF AUNTIE EM'S PRETZELS. REPEAT A LIQUID SPILL IN FRONT OF AUNTIE EM'S. RECOMMEND DISPATCHING A CLEANER CREW TO THIS LOCATION."

"CONTROL COPY."

It is so very amusing. And, for all of their well-groomed Matrix-like menace, if they get a teenager that starts running his mouth and cussing, guess who they call? :scrutiny:

Mike :D

If you enjoyed reading about "Has TFL/THR influenced your daily vocabulary?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!