Site in Day experience

PDA

Brother in Arms
October 8, 2006, 12:08 PM
I went to a local range for a free sight in day. A gimmick that rod and gun clubs use to try to attract new members. Of course this is a sight in day to make sure your huntin' rifle is shooting where it should for the all important white tail deer season. I have never seen or heard so much mis information in my life. Its sad how many people own firearms but aren't gun people. I understand people not knowing much about firearms history ect. But many don't even know how to properly adjust iron sights or a scope. I tried to help as many people as I could but some of the (know it all types) where spreading disinformation.

I did find one thing interesting though. I brought an M1, M1 carbine, Lee-enfield and a romanian AK built from a parts kit. Naturally the M1 got the attention of a few of the old fellas but anyone under 65 was drooling over the AK. I thought there would be nay sayers talking about commie junk but everyone wanted me to load up a 30 round magazine and let it rip.

However they had a "one round in the gun" rule for sight in day. I guess they thought to many average Janes/Joes who don't no anything about guns would show up.

It just irritates me that things are this way. Makes me wonder if I am not doing my part to educate people. I think people need familiarity with firearms and training. Not shooting once a year for hunting season. The lack of marksmanship was demonstrated by cheering when people saw the M1 carbine hitting the aiming black at 100 yards off the bench.

Brother in Arms

If you enjoyed reading about "Site in Day experience" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
If you enjoyed reading about "Site in Day experience" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!