Brand New Rifle but What Scope?

PDA

Newt
May 15, 2003, 11:08 AM
My last new rifle was a Model 7 Rem. I ended up putting a Weaver Grand Slam on it. Although, I love that scope almost as much as I do the gun, I'm looking for something different on my new gun. The new gun will be a Tikka T3 .243. Any scope recommendations on what you've had personal experience with? Give me the good and bad. I'll be looking in the 200-400 dollar range. Thanks.

If you enjoyed reading about "Brand New Rifle but What Scope?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Omaha-BeenGlockin
May 15, 2003, 11:52 AM
Zeiss Conquest 3x9x40 for $399 pretty much everywhere.

meathammer
May 15, 2003, 12:11 PM
I have a Leupold Vari X II 3X-9 X40 on my Remington 700 7mm. Paid $230.00 for it. I am very happy with it.

Cruiser
May 15, 2003, 02:38 PM
I've used Leupold's almost exclusively and for good reason. They have the best optics for their price range, they're waterproof, durable, and have a lifetime warranty.

e007dw
May 15, 2003, 03:10 PM
I really like the Nikon Monarch series scope. Very good optics and a good value. I also have several Leupold scopes. Either one would be a good choice. You can pick them up from riflescopes.com for the best price.

WYO
May 15, 2003, 03:27 PM
I've been pleased with a Nikon Monarch 3X9, and you can buy one most places for $299. Last year, I found a post-season sale on a Leupold Vari-X III 2.5X8X36, and picked it up for $389 including tax, and it's a much better scope IMHO. You can mail order the same scope from Cabela's for $439 with free shipping, but that would be cheating on your upper limit. I also hunted for a number of years with an old Vari X II 1X4X20, and had no complaints with that one, either. You can get new Vari-X II's for $250ish.

My experience with other brands of scopes is rather limited, though.

If you enjoyed reading about "Brand New Rifle but What Scope?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!