My Camp 9, a sight question...

PDA

Steelharp
May 15, 2003, 02:43 PM
Guys, eventually I'll probably scope this baby, but for now... it seems to hit just a bit to the right. I believe the fact is, turn the rear sight toward the direction you want the bullet to go. So, I suppose I need the rear sight to go left a bit. I don't want to screw this up... there's a really tiny screw in the sight on the ejection port side that I assume is for that... which way do I turn it to head the sight left? Clockwise or counterclockwise?

Ever the dumba--... Mikey D...

If you enjoyed reading about "My Camp 9, a sight question..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
DMK
May 16, 2003, 09:26 AM
I'm not sure I'm following you Mikey, but mine has a rear sight mounted in a groove on the barrel, right in front of the reciever. To adjust windage, you need to carefully tap it over.

Does yours have screws on the sight itself?

Ledbetter
May 16, 2003, 01:33 PM
Can you post a pic? Generally, if
the adjustment screw is on the right, and
moving the screw moves the sight, and
righty tighty lefty loosey, so
turning the screw counterclockwise will either move the sight left
or remove the screw.

Use a micrometer to check before and after to be sure.

And how has the weather been where you live? Ever been to Ledbetter, Kentucky?

Steelharp
May 16, 2003, 07:35 PM
Best I can do, guys... sorry it's lousy...

Mikey D...

Ledbetter
May 16, 2003, 08:33 PM
you rotate the screw exactly either one half or one complete turn (so you can return it to its present position afterwards) and then see which way and how far it moved.

My rear sight has a pin where your screw is, but mine was made later. My guess is that, as I said above, counterclockwise will move the sight left (or remove the screw).

DMK
May 16, 2003, 09:55 PM
Yep, there's a pin on mine too, but other than that my sight's identical to the one in the pic.

Try the screw like Ledbetter said, but I'm pretty sure you need to "drift" the sight over at the very front of the sight where it's in the groove in the barrel. Use a piece of hardwood or a brass drift to knock it over a little.

Steelharp
May 17, 2003, 02:34 AM
Guys... I feel like SUCH a moron. I tried to put a small screwdriver in it, and it wouldn't find the notch. I got out my Surefire, and a magnifying glass... there's no screw OR pin! It sure looks like one in the pic, though, doesn't it? It's just a hole, and the "line" is part of the sight ramp. Guess I'll try just lightly tapping it and see what happens.

What a maroon...

Mikey D...

DMK
May 17, 2003, 11:30 AM
No problem! We're all here to learn from each other!

Ledbetter
May 17, 2003, 02:59 PM
If you don't have a nylon punch, use a piece of hardwood dowel as if it were a drift punch (put one end on the sight and pound on the other end). Do it at the range, a little at a time.

If you enjoyed reading about "My Camp 9, a sight question..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!