ambi thumb safety for kimber ultra carry?

PDA

spankaveli
October 10, 2006, 11:13 PM
if all goes to plan, i should be aquiring a kimber ultra carry soon but since i'm a lefty, i'll need the ambi thumb safety. what's the best place to get one and are they simple to replace or will i need to bring it to a gunsmith?

:)

If you enjoyed reading about "ambi thumb safety for kimber ultra carry?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
10-Ring
October 10, 2006, 11:24 PM
I've never done it, but I've witnessed it several times & it doesn't look difficult...as long as you have the appropriate detailed instructions ;)

Ditchtiger
October 11, 2006, 12:10 AM
Call Kimber, tell them what you have and what you want to replace. The safety is not that hard to change over but you need to find out how to give it a safety check after part replacement. I don't remember offhand how though it involves pulling the trigger with the safety on then cocking the hammer to see if the sear has tripped,(should not have).

If you enjoyed reading about "ambi thumb safety for kimber ultra carry?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!