Baghdad ammo dump

PDA

RNB65
October 10, 2006, 11:24 PM
Anybody else see the video of the ammo dump in Baghdad blowing up after the bad guys dropped a few mortar rounds on it? BOOM!

I hope that wasn't their supply of 7.62x39 else the price is never going to come back down! :eek:

If you enjoyed reading about "Baghdad ammo dump" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
tellner
October 11, 2006, 02:54 AM
Welcome to asymmetric warfare. A few dollars worth of mortar shell and a couple paramilitary insurgents can cost America millions.

Lou629
October 11, 2006, 09:19 AM
I wouldn't worry too much. Judging by the size of the explosions, and the fact that the TV cameras were reported to be over four miles away while filming, i'd say that was a lot more than 7.62/39 going off. :what:

On the other hand, if that was just small-arms stuff, then it'll probably mean the end of the world as we know it in terms of domestic ammo prices. Give the retailers like Dicks' Sporting Goods and others any excuse, and todays' outrageous prices will seem cheap in a month or two. They can convienently blame the so-called ammo 'shortage' ( and the continually rising prices for the civilian market ) on the military, since they'll now have to replace the tons of stuff that went up last night.

Edit: typo.

If you enjoyed reading about "Baghdad ammo dump" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!