What states recognize out of state CCWs?

PDA

statelineblues
October 11, 2006, 12:58 AM
Where can I find a list of states that have CCW laws and recognize permits from other states? Although I live in New Jersey, I have a non-resident CCW from CT and have applied for one from Maine. I know Florida and Virginia are states that have reciprocity with several other states, but I'm at a loss to find out who recognizes what around the country.
Thanks for the help! :D

If you enjoyed reading about "What states recognize out of state CCWs?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
TheGrouch
October 11, 2006, 01:00 AM
Indiana, I am proud to say, honors any state-issued CCW.

www.packing.org will give you a state-by-state breakdown of CCW reciprocity.

statelineblues
October 11, 2006, 02:07 AM
Thanks - just the info I needed!

pax
October 11, 2006, 02:26 AM
When packing.org is down (most of the time it seems these days!), you can find the same information at

www.handgunlaw.us

and

www.gunlaws.com

pax

El Tejon
October 11, 2006, 10:06 AM
TheGrouch, be advised that Indiana recognizes all other states and foreign countries but only by the terms of the license.

E.g., if your license comes from Florida then you must carry as if you are in Florida, wear big sunglasses, drive a golf cart and eat dinner at 4:30 and display photographs of your grandchildren at all times.:D

wdlsguy
October 11, 2006, 12:20 PM
Please beware, much of the information at packing.org is stale. The information at handgunlaw.us (http://www.handgunlaw.us) is current.

sithanas
October 11, 2006, 01:39 PM
Michigan also recognizes all other states' permits under terms of the Michigan license, provided any restrictions are obeyed. So Floridians, you needn't worry if you left the grandkids' photos at home.

If you enjoyed reading about "What states recognize out of state CCWs?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!