New Orleans CCW Incident

PDA

Nio
October 11, 2006, 10:29 AM
http://www.wwltv.com/local/stories/wwl101006jbhomicide.279d00b4.html

10:27 PM CDT on Tuesday, October 10, 2006

WWLTV.com

New Orleans Police said the latest incident of violence in the city was justified after a man shot another man in self defense.

WWL - 2200 block of North Rampart.

Police said a man and woman were walking down North Rampart Street around 9 p.m. Tuesday night when another man walked up, put a gun to the woman’s back and said “give it up.”

Witnesses said an argument broke out, and that was when the man being robbed pulled out his own gun and shot the alleged robber three times.

Police called the incident justifiable homicide and said the man who shot the robber had a Louisiana concealed handgun permit.

The area the incident took place in, the Faubourg Marigny, has seen a heightened level of crime recently, including a string of bar robberies that plagued the area for week

Video of the story is available if you hit www.wwltv.com

+1 for the good guys.

Nio

If you enjoyed reading about "New Orleans CCW Incident" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Crawlin
October 11, 2006, 10:30 AM
I love to see good stories like this. Who knows what might have happened if this guy didn't have his weapon on him. Just another reason to always carry.

IfYouOnlyKnew
October 11, 2006, 10:48 AM
One report indicates that it is the first instance in Louisiana that a person with a CCW killed a perpetrator during the commission of a crime. On another front, the ATF reinstituted a 24 hour a day hotline to report illegal gun possession, ie, known felons or illegal aliens in possession, unregistered firearms, etc. US Atty Jim Letten was quoted as saying "this is criminal control, not gun control." Also, recently passed laws which went into effect in 8/06 in Louisiana provided for civil immunity for a lawful shooting as well as a Castle Doctrine provision. There is a deliberate attempt to use the stricter federal criminal system involved in New Orleans due to ongoing problems with the state and local systems. I awake every morning to local TV news stories about the shooting of the day.

The_Shootist
October 11, 2006, 10:56 AM
Almost like Houston - we get 1-3 people shot a day here.

Hell, we have a war in Iraq and we aren't losing that many Marines a day.

TIMC
October 11, 2006, 02:22 PM
Well that's one less I have to worry about. Next week I'm headed to New Orleans for a few days to eat some good food and take some money away from Harra's. My Texas CHL is good in that state and I will carry.
I have been to New Orleans several times but not since Katrina. I have never had any trouble there but then again I never leave the French Quarter, not too much goes on there besides the pick pockets.

Rezin
October 11, 2006, 04:53 PM
see, legal CCW Works....

MountainBear
October 11, 2006, 08:19 PM
Now if we could only convince all states of this and get a national carry permit instituted...

STW
October 11, 2006, 08:26 PM
Police said a man and woman were walking down North Rampart Street around 9 p.m. Tuesday night when another man walked up, put a gun to the woman’s back and said “give it up.”

Just another instance of the decline of language. "Stand and deliver" as used in the old west would have shown an appreciation of history and made for much better last words.

If you enjoyed reading about "New Orleans CCW Incident" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!